6/7 Game Thread - SOX vs Mariners - 7:10pm CDT - CSN+

knightni

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 09:01 PM)
Even if Montero is in the package? Now I doubt Yanks would deal him for Humber given no success in the past for Humber, but just saying what if

If the story is accurate about Humber being treated like a second year player in a contract sense, that would be the starting point of what I would ask for.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 09:01 PM)
Even if Montero is in the package? Now I doubt Yanks would deal him for Humber given no success in the past for Humber, but just saying what if

That's my point. It would probably take a lot (Montero for sure) to move Humber, considering how cheap he is for us for a while. But if you have a chance to get Montero (which I doubt the Yanks would ever, ever offer), you would HAVE to do that deal.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 09:03 PM)
If the story is accurate about Humber being treated like a second year player in a contract sense, that would be the starting point of what I would ask for.

Starting point? You would be crazy not to do it straight up, if the Yankees even offered him for whatever reason.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 10:08 PM)
Not sure they want an expensive 4th OF. Granderson, Gardner, Swisher, and maybe even Andruw Jones are all better.

Ya sad how we could have prolly done a Rios for Granderson trade at some point last season.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 09:06 PM)
Starting point? You would be crazy not to do it straight up, if the Yankees even offered him for whatever reason.

Damned right. I'm thinking of him as a second year pitcher up near the league lead in ERA. Guys who are in their 4th and 5th years making millions get a top prospect in return. For a guy making half a million for this year and next, you gotta pay up.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 09:09 PM)
Damned right. I'm thinking of him as a second year pitcher up near the league lead in ERA. Guys who are in their 4th and 5th years making millions get a top prospect in return. For a guy making half a million for this year and next, you gotta pay up.

Wait, what?

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 10:11 PM)
If this is the Phil Humber that we will see going forward, he is virtually untradeable.

Humber makes however bad of a move Hudson was tolerable.

Hmm i wouldn't be so sure... cuz we could have possibly traded Hudson for the likes of an even better slugger than Dunn probably most likely A-Gone... and also have Humber at the same time.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 09:13 PM)
Hmm i wouldn't be so sure... cuz we could have possibly traded Hudson for the likes of an even better slugger than Dunn probably most likely A-Gone... and also have Humber at the same time.

If we could have traded Hudson for Gonzalez, it would have happened.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 10:14 PM)
If we could have traded Hudson for Gonzalez, it would have happened.

Not saying it would have been straight up... but he would have been the centre piece.... White Sox actually had a deal for Gonzalez but the SD GM being a former Red Sox rank in the organization had better familarity with prospects basically made the deal happen with the Red Sox.

THis happened this offseason as well.

Edited by kapzk

QUOTE (soxsider11 @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 09:11 PM)
Don't the yanks have another highend catching prospect?

Yes Gary Sanchez ranked 25 best prospect in baseball.

Statistically speaking: He didn't have enough at-bats to qualify, but if he had, Sanchez's .353 average in the Gulf Coast League would have been good for second in the league. He would have placed third in OBP (.419) and led the GCL with his .597 SLG.