Rd23: C Michael Marjama

Rd24: OF Mark Haddow

Rd25: P Christopher Devenski

Rd26: 3B Grant Buckner

Rd27: P Jake Cose

Rd28: 1B Kyle Robinson

Rd29: OF Dustin Hayes

Rd30: P Brandon Parrent

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last night started off like crap (for us). The Sox first three picks will be 80, 110 and 141. Here's a list of the top remaining talent courtesy of Baseball America:

No. 15. Josh Bell, of

No. 16. Daniel Norris, lhp

No. 28. Austin Hedges, c

No. 30 Andrew Susac, c

No. 31 Dillon Howard, rhp

No. 32 Matt Purke, lhp

No. 39 Jorge Lopez, rhp

No. 41 Josh Osich, lhp

No. 42 Alex Dickerson, of

No. 46 Dillon Maples, rhp

No. 50 Tony Zych, rhp

I'd also like to add Anthony Meo (P), Jason Esposito (3B/SS), Derek Fisher (OF) and Ricky Oropesa (3B/1B) to the list.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This might be the least interested I've been in following the draft since 2003. And I'm dead serious. I have no idea whether it's from not following college baseball that much this year, not hearing about under the radar high schoolers locally or from getting this new job which is night shift, or even not having a first round pick, I've just lost the energy for it.

Why have said players fallen? Has to be signability, right?

No doubt the Rays clean house today anyways. Knowing what they have in place, they reach with their own second rounder (I imagine they have it still) and take high upside players they can sign with their other 28 picks.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 10:41 AM)
Why have said players fallen? Has to be signability, right?

No doubt the Rays clean house today anyways. Knowing what they have in place, they reach with their own second rounder (I imagine they have it still) and take high upside players they can sign with their other 28 picks.

Yes

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 11:14 AM)
Nationals, Pirates and D-backs all with A+.

lol, a couple picks into round 2 and you're giving people A+ grades on drafts that wont even matter for 3 years

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 11:17 AM)
lol, a couple picks into round 2 and you're giving people A+ grades on drafts that wont even matter for 3 years

To this point, yes. And let's not act like I'm the only human being on the planet that gives out draft grades right away. Happens in every sport. I'm not waiting until 2015.

I don't mind giving draft's flash grades, but we just need to realize as good as drafts look today, those same ones will look very bad in four years. And vice versa. I would be interesting to see how Baseball America's draft grades look four years later. Probably very little correlation.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 11:20 AM)
I don't mind giving draft's flash grades, but we just need to realize as good as drafts look today, those same ones will look very bad in four years. And vice versa. I would be interesting to see how Baseball America's draft grades look four years later. Probably very little correlation.

Well said.