Official 2011 MLB Draft - Day 2

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 03:57 PM)
No. Just wondering, but when was the last HS player we took who panned out for us? Because I think the last time we took a HS kid in the 1st RD was like Kris Honel in 2002.

How do you define "Panned out"? We've had some and traded them. Ryan Sweeney comes to mind there.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 03:08 PM)
That's what I meant, like HS players who ended up with a pro career, like Sweeney.

Don't forget Gio.

Krist sounds like a good defender. The Sox continue to load up on catchers. That's one position the Sox have always have a number of prospects at.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 03:37 PM)
Robin Ventura or Josh Fields?

Sounds like Josh Fields. Big power hitter that played football (though only in high school). Good athlete, strong arm. BA likes his defense, but not his approach. I don't trust us to fix a player's offensive approach.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 04:20 PM)
Well, I'll see Soptic one way or the other next year.

Ha I'm trying to decide which team I want him on more. If he can shore up Mizzou's bullpen and Stites comes back (he just got picked in the 17th round) I love Mizzou's pitching staff, but Soptic sounds like a really good pro arm.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 04:23 PM)
Ha I'm trying to decide which team I want him on more. If he can shore up Mizzou's bullpen and Stites comes back (he just got picked in the 17th round) I love Mizzou's pitching staff, but Soptic sounds like a really good pro arm.

Well, I'm already gonna see a guy from my high school conference pitch at Mizzou and I'd rather see Soptic sign with the Sox because I'd get more than 2 years to root for him and Sox > Tigers for me.