JR says Sox are best team in division

Soxfest

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 04:10 PM)
How can an owner say he is satisfied with his GM/Manager when his $125-million team is under .500?

Because we should all know we can't win 162 games. Plus a real winner is one who can overcome adversity. This team has the horses and the character they just need to start pullling in the same direction

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 10:32 AM)
Big picture...

Seriously.

Sort of like, you don't throw anybody under the bus until they're already dead.

Totally just made that up, but it makes a lot of sense. If this fails, the Sox are going to sell off and get rid of a lot of pieces. That includes coaches and managers and front office personnel. The only two I want the Sox to keep are Cooper and Hahn in whatever roles possible.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 11:10 AM)
How can an owner say he is satisfied with his GM/Manager when his $125-million team is under .500?

If he says anything else...what happens?

"I'm dissatisfied and I'm considering breaking this team up".

Oh, well, there goes KW's firesale leverage.

I wouldn't be happy with KW or Ozzie. Maybe JR should have used a word like content, because he obviously doesn't want to rip them, but it's obvious that they haven't done their jobs to their best ability.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 10:10 AM)

LOL. Methinks you've never been part of a team, led a group of people, had a kid, had a wife, or just about had a relationship with any human being on this Earth. Good stuff man, keep it comin. :D

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 03:42 PM)
LOL. Methinks you've never been part of a team, led a group of people, had a kid, had a wife, or just about had a relationship with any human being on this Earth. Good stuff man, keep it comin. :D

The way you talk down to people Im surprised if you ever had any of those experiences either.

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 07:30 PM)
I agree with what Bill Parcells said, "you are what your record says you are."

but can we at least wait to see what their record will finish as? or should they just forfeit the season in june?

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 12:22 AM)
but can we at least wait to see what their record will finish as? or should they just forfeit the season in june?

I was refering to when people throw out "should haves". They don't count the home runs Dunn was "supposed to" hit, or the games Danks should have won, etc.