6/7 Games

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 01:04 AM)
Viciedo went 3/5, 2B, 2 RBI. God I wish he gets called up when Peavy goes on the DL.

He's the youngest guy in the IL with the numbers that he has. He's clearly one of the top hitting prospects in baseball right now, for anyone who's paying attention. OPS ~1000 since May 1.

I gotta believe we can work him in somewhat currently, but Teahen's presence is the ultimate, and most frustrating obstacle.

He's going to make fools out of the experts that had him so low on prospect lists.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 10:03 AM)
He's the youngest guy in the IL with the numbers that he has. He's clearly one of the top hitting prospects in baseball right now, for anyone who's paying attention. OPS ~1000 since May 1.

I gotta believe we can work him in somewhat currently, but Teahen's presence is the ultimate, and most frustrating obstacle.

He's going to make fools out of the experts that had him so low on prospect lists.

Teahen isn't blocking Viciedo, or at least he shouldn't be. I don't want to see Viciedo up to play part time, especially this early in the season where he's going to not get regular at bats the rest of the year. Add him in September on expansion, and if this team by some miracle is in the post-season, you make your tough choices. Right now, unless someone gets hurt or they are willing to release/bench Pierre (LOL), he should stay in AAA.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 05:02 PM)
Teahen isn't blocking Viciedo, or at least he shouldn't be. I don't want to see Viciedo up to play part time, especially this early in the season where he's going to not get regular at bats the rest of the year. Add him in September on expansion, and if this team by some miracle is in the post-season, you make your tough choices. Right now, unless someone gets hurt or they are willing to release/bench Pierre (LOL), he should stay in AAA.

I 100% disagree with this. It's Ozzie's job to find a place in the lineup for him with Dunn/Rios being unplayable. You're not going to want to play Lillibridge 7 games a week anyways, and you can get Viciedo some time at LF, 1B and DH. There's nothing left for Viciedo to prove in the minors.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 11:05 AM)
I 100% disagree with this. It's Ozzie's job to find a place in the lineup for him with Dunn/Rios being unplayable. You're not going to want to play Lillibridge 7 games a week anyways, and you can get Viciedo some time at LF, 1B and DH. There's nothing left for Viciedo to prove in the minors.

At the end of the day, we aren't winning anything if Dunn and Rios don't contribute this year. As long as we are still "in" for this year, Ozzie has to find a way to get them going again.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 04:08 PM)
At the end of the day, we aren't winning anything if Dunn and Rios don't contribute this year. As long as we are still "in" for this year, Ozzie has to find a way to get them going again.

I used to be a big believer in this, but I'm confident Viciedo could put up similiar OPS numbers to Dunn the rest of the way. Viciedo higher average, Dunn higher OBP...similar power numbers. There's not much Ozzie can do to get Rios going again, as he seems like someone who's just fallen off the earth in 3 of the last 4 half seasons.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 10:02 AM)
Teahen isn't blocking Viciedo, or at least he shouldn't be.

This. But if he's on the roster, somebody else isn't, and he's redundant as hell with Morel needing to play everyday. But no way KW sells THIS low on Teahen. I'd be pleasantly surprised, but I think it only happens as part of a larger deal.

We're all-in, not ALL-IN!!! :gosoxretro:

Edited by Stan Bahnsen