6/8 GT - SOX vs Mariners - 7:10pm CSN

knightni

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 02:56 AM)
I hate how nervous I am that Vargas will shut us down.... :(

Would it make you feel better to know that most people feared that on Monday night too? And then again on Tuesday? And we won both games?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 08:37 AM)
Would it make you feel better to know that most people feared that on Monday night too? And then again on Tuesday? And we won both games?

We have nothing to fear but Adam Dunn coming up with the game on the line.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 09:11 AM)
Given the weakacity (I just copyrighted that word) of the M's offense, I expect another Sox victory, 5-4 good guys.

Is there any truth to the rumor that Danks has requested a trade to whichever team has the most games remaining with Seattle?

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 08:15 AM)
I just mean because Vargas sucks, and losing to Pineda or Felix would be nothing to get pissed off about.

Vargas might suck historically, but anyone with a sub 4 ERA this far into the season as a starter, isn't exactly crap. Regardless of the periph's.

Vargas is a pretty decent pitcher... but Floyd has been superb for us and the weather I believe in Chicago is quite warm.. and least to say Floyd has been lights out during night games. Which leads to me believe that white sox should have this game.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 12:34 PM)
And here is Matt Capps blowing the lead with 2 outs in the 9th and serves up a homerun.

Yep. But crappy Indian defense trying to give it back in the 10th. 3-2 Twins, currently.

Seriously, the Tribe look bad. I'm rooting harder against Detroit, who IS more of a force with Cabrera surrounded with quality and/or improving bats. That's the only team we'll be chasing soon.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 02:51 PM)
Yep. But crappy Indian defense trying to give it back in the 10th. 3-2 Twins, currently.

Seriously, the Tribe look bad. I'm rooting harder against Detroit, who IS more of a force with Cabrera surrounded with quality and/or improving bats. That's the only team we'll be chasing soon.

Exactly... we'll see how DET fairs up against Pineda and Hernandez

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 11:51 AM)

Thats cause the Tribe aren't good. I said it all season and it was fact. There was so much smoke and mirrors with that club early on the season, it was pretty easy to predict. That isn't to say they won't hang around, confidence can do wonders, but they aren't near the team the White Sox or Tigers are and it is why when a lot of people were busy jumping off bridges, I stayed relatively patient.

And that isn't to say that this White Sox team is perfect, it isn't, but it is pretty good in certain areas, and than other areas there is the potential to be pretty good as well (if Rios and/or Dunn ever show up). The White Sox are bad at executing and doing some of the things necessary to grind out wins and that is why they have had some baffling losses (where when you watch the game you think the score should be one thing, when in reality it is the other) and that can be incredibly frustrating and might bite them in the behind.