6/8 GT - SOX vs Mariners - 7:10pm CSN

knightni

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 11:28 AM)
Vargas might suck historically, but anyone with a sub 4 ERA this far into the season as a starter, isn't exactly crap. Regardless of the periph's.

Not to mention the fact that in 3 of his last 5 starts he allowed 0 runs. However, with that terrible Seattle offense, he only won one of 'em. :gosox1:

It would take an absolute MIRACLE for the Twins to come back to win the division, if a no-hitter can't get them going -- they wound up losing 9 in a row after that -- I don't know what will.

Even if they did pull off a magical division title they'd still get swept by the Yankees out of the first round and i would laaaaaaaaugh.

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 12:08 PM)
It would take an absolute MIRACLE for the Twins to come back to win the division, if a no-hitter can't get them going -- they wound up losing 9 in a row after that -- I don't know what will.

Even if they did pull off a magical division title they'd still get swept by the Yankees out of the first round and i would laaaaaaaaugh.

I expect them to get Nishioka and Mauer back at some point, and Morneau is starting to show signs of life. If it were any other team I would agree with you. But these guys are zombies.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 12:57 PM)
They were 16 1/2 back a week or so ago, now they're 11 1/2 back. Dick Cramer just said "and the race for the division is on!"

Damn do I hate that guy...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 01:19 PM)
Two straight off-days for Dunn.

Ya gotta love the protection Ozzie likes to give his best hitter, Paulie. First AJ, now Rios. Though, admittedly, he lacks options, and we can't complain with the overall performance of our 1-4 lately. AJP has looked slightly less helpless in RBI situations this year, which is a pleasant surprise, but why would Paulie get ANYthing to hit tonight?

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 02:39 PM)
Ya gotta love the protection Ozzie likes to give his best hitter, Paulie. First AJ, now Rios. Though, admittedly, he lacks options, and we can't complain with the overall performance of our 1-4 lately. AJP has looked slightly less helpless in RBI situations this year, which is a pleasant surprise, but why would Paulie get ANYthing to hit tonight?

Is Dunn protection right now? I could swear teams were pitching around Brent Lillibridge to go after Dunn.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 03:39 PM)

Because sneaking a fastball by Paul Konerko is like sneaking a sunrise past a rooster.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 01:48 PM)
Is Dunn protection right now? I could swear teams were pitching around Brent Lillibridge to go after Dunn.

Yep. When's the last time the Elf walked three times in a game, at any level?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 01:50 PM)
Because sneaking a fastball by Paul Konerko is like sneaking a sunrise past a rooster.

Paulie flat out rocks, and he's as good as he's ever been. Statue-worthy.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 01:53 PM)
And that isn't to say that this White Sox team is perfect, it isn't, but it is pretty good in certain areas, and than other areas there is the potential to be pretty good as well (if Rios and/or Dunn ever show up). The White Sox are bad at executing and doing some of the things necessary to grind out wins and that is why they have had some baffling losses (where when you watch the game you think the score should be one thing, when in reality it is the other) and that can be incredibly frustrating and might bite them in the behind.

Perfectly put! Great summation.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 02:17 PM)
Sox lineup:

Pierre - LF

Ramirez - SS

Quentin - DH

Konerko - 1B

Rios - CF

Lillibridge - RF

Castro - C

Beckham - 2B

Morel - 3B

Floyd - RHP

Why does Rios deserve the 5 spot? f*** that, put Lillibridge at 5, Castro at 6, Beckham at 7, Morel at 8, and Rios 9th.