6/8 GT - SOX vs Mariners - 7:10pm CSN

knightni

QUOTE (TomPickle @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 09:03 PM)
If it means the end of the Juan Pierre era it's totally worth it to lose this game.

+ 1.

But we know our management is so f***ING blind that JP will get yet another free pass. I know its really low and wrong to say it but it would have been nice there to lose JP for the season on that play. I don't think anything else will get him out the lineup this year. It's the Kotsay decision of 2011, and there is no accountability for our management. Hawk sits here and blames the players (Juan) in this situation. I don't. I blame Ozzie and Kenny for not seeing the obvious which has been the disaster of JP since game 1 of this season.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 10:07 PM)
Why is it that there's always one player Ozzie won't bench but is absolutely horrendous every single season?

Because he's a terrible manager that should have been fired by now.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 10:08 PM)
Best candidate to "Tonya Harding" so we can DL them and collect insurance money for rest of 2011....

1) Juan Pierre

2) Adam Dunn

3) Alex Rios

4) Jake Peavy (ooops, already on DL)

5) Mark Teahen

We're certainly all-in with that bunch

Why in the hell would you throw him a fastball there? Ugh, terrible pitch selection. Truth be told, Santos looked awful in the 9th inning and should have never started this inning. Hey greg....THAT'S WHY YOU DON'T BUNT

Agreed. If only Ozzie understood the meaning of the word, "closer." I simply don't like the risk, especially since historically it has not worked very well for this team. As far as greg, I can't resist trying to talk sense into him now and then, but... deaf ears, my friend.

Also, I've been more tolerant of Pierre than most here... but it's just starting to get really horrible. We're "all in" and all the players we have most counted on (besides Paulie and Q) have ALL been pretty much worthless. Hell, the 2 highest paid hitters on our club have been sitting more games than playing lately. f***ing pathetic; that can't continue or else we're screwed.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 10:09 PM)
Ozzie just jizzed in his pants when he was the suicide squeeze on. "O muh gawd. I shood do dat!"

Watch him do it when we're down by 3 or something.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 10:08 PM)
Don't forget that he's a professional and he comes ready to play every day.

OUr managager has bunting drills with the kids because we believe slappy grindy is the way to go. We are now drafting track stars instead of baseball players. They need to fire KW and Ozzie and start over. This crap is silly.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 10:07 PM)
He'd be the best all-around catcher we've had since Charles Johnson. Then again that was only for like 2-3 months.

Does not say much about Sox catcher's does it.

Please not Granderson for Danks.

Im sorry but the Sox havent exactly had great success with low contact power guys.

Right now Id kill to have a NL style team that could get on base a lot and make things happen.

Unfortunately what makes the Sox most like a NL line up is the fact they are trotting out a guy who hits like a pitcher.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 04:11 AM)
Please not Granderson for Danks.

Im sorry but the Sox havent exactly had great success with low contact power guys.

Right now Id kill to have a NL style team that could get on base a lot and make things happen.

Unfortunately what makes the Sox most like a NL line up is the fact they are trotting out a guy who hits like a pitcher.

Why would you ever want to do that playing 81 games at the Cell?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 10:12 PM)
Why would you ever want to do that playing 81 games at the Cell?

BECAUSE WE SHOULD MOVE THE FENCES 100 FEET BACK.

Because you know, offense is on a huge rise in baseball, not in the worst shape since the 1980s.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 10:11 PM)
Jacob Petricka, Erik Johnson!

Was our draft pathetic or what? I'll obviously concede I haven't seen any of these guys play live. But looking at the scouting reports, some of the videos (especially youtube) and where other better prospects were taken, it's pretty demoralizing.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 04:13 AM)
Because im sick of watching station to station baseball with a bunch of guys who cant get on base or hit hrs.

Id rather they did something well, than nothing well.

Sorry, I couldn't disagree more.