6/8 GT - SOX vs Mariners - 7:10pm CSN

knightni

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 10:11 PM)
Please not Granderson for Danks.

Im sorry but the Sox havent exactly had great success with low contact power guys.

Right now Id kill to have a NL style team that could get on base a lot and make things happen.

Unfortunately what makes the Sox most like a NL line up is the fact they are trotting out a guy who hits like a pitcher.

I would kill for hitters who hit doubles surrounded with a few power guys. We are in the american league. NL bulls*** in a small bandbox is silly. We need to hit XBHs and score runs. Not bunt and play slappy s***.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This season just sucks.

We're not really contending, and there's no way to really even begin to rebuild our team even if you trade Danks or Jackson.

I suppose that KW could do something really crazy and trade Quentin, but that's just not happening.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 10:11 PM)
Please not Granderson for Danks.

Im sorry but the Sox havent exactly had great success with low contact power guys.

Right now Id kill to have a NL style team that could get on base a lot and make things happen.

Unfortunately what makes the Sox most like a NL line up is the fact they are trotting out a guy who hits like a pitcher.

NL style in our park and the AL?

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 10:14 PM)
I would kill for hitters who hit doubles surrounded with a few power guys. We are in the american league. NL bulls*** in a small bandbox is silly. We need to hit XBHs and score runs. Not bunt and play slappy s***.

I'd retweet this if I could.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 04:13 AM)
Was our draft pathetic or what? I'll obviously concede I haven't seen any of these guys play live. But looking at the scouting reports, some of the videos (especially youtube) and where other better prospects were taken, it's pretty demoralizing.

It was extremely uninspiring. I have no idea what our scouting department is doing. It was like someone dared them that they could draft 30 players without taking a high schooler. So now not only do we avoid Boras clients, but we don't draft high school players?

Where have I said that I would prefer NL style to an actual AL offense?

I said Id prefer a team that can get on base a lot compared to OUR CURRENT OFFENSE.

You really prefer the White Sox offense, to a team that averaged over 300 and got on base at a 370+ clip and scored a bunch of runs?

I couldnt disagree more.

Sox offense is pathetic this year.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 10:15 PM)
Where have I said that I would prefer NL style to an actual AL offense?

I said Id prefer a team that can get on base a lot compared to OUR CURRENT OFFENSE.

You really prefer the White Sox offense, to a team that averaged over 300 and got on base at a 370+ clip and scored a bunch of runs?

I couldnt disagree more.

Sox offense is pathetic this year.

That team doesn't exist.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 10:15 PM)
It was extremely uninspiring. I have no idea what our scouting department is doing. It was like someone dared them that they could draft 30 players without taking a high schooler. So now not only do we avoid Boras clients, but we don't draft high school players?

Hint. It's not the scouting. It's Jerry. It's his preference for college players and his adherence to paying slot.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 10:15 PM)

All we draft these days are track stars and college pitchers who project to be bullpen filler. Awesome.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 04:17 AM)
This game looked a lot like the Dodgers game when Guillen thought his closer needed to go two innings.

He really is a bad in game manager.

At least people won't let him off the hook by using the 6 man rotation excuse. It was pretty clear in the 9th that he didn't have much tonight.

The team doesnt exist, but that is the goal of creating a NL style offense, high batting average and high obp.

The Sox offense does neither of those things well, I was merely stating that if I could trade the Sox offense for an offense that got a ton more hits and was better on base, Id gladly give up some hrs, because I just cant stand watching a game and hoping that we hit 2-3 hrs or else we cant score.

Its just frustrating.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 04:18 AM)
Hint. It's not the scouting. It's Jerry. It's his preference for college players and his adherence to paying slot.

Oh totally, there's no one on this site that preaches that fact more than I do. Jerry will never go above slot after the first round, as he won't want to have Bud cancel on their deli dates.

Juan Pierre is the biggest f***ing piece of s*** asshole f***ing good-for-nothing f***tard who can't do a god damned thing right and has no f***ing business being anywhere near a f***ing baseball field for the rest of his s***ty f***ing life. If that sack of no good bucket of suck does not get benched/released/murdered, then Ozzie needs to get a f***ing head check because this s***ty ass little leaguer has cost this f***ing team 4 or 5 games now due to his child-like approach in the outfield. f*** this guy, and I wish the absolute worst for his career.

I'm going to bed. :angry:

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 10:21 PM)
Oh totally, there's no one on this site that preaches that fact more than I do. Jerry will never go above slot after the first round, as he won't want to have Bud cancel on their deli dates.

Yea. He is far too involved with the draft decisions. He constantly hammers home that college players are the best choice as they are safer, and closer to the majors. Gonzalez reiterated this tripe in his pre-draft piece.