6/8 GT - SOX vs Mariners - 7:10pm CSN

knightni

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 10:37 PM)
Ha, I'm just bad at geography I guess. I was talking about the players available during the usual contract period with the DR, Venezuela, etc.

Apparently, Jerry Krause got lost somewhere between Mexico and Venezuela.

Rescue him, somebody!!!! At the very least, a BOLO or APB.

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 10:31 PM)
Since KW has come to the Sox, we're one of the highest spending teams on Latin American players.....

The Sox have spent almost zilch during the international signing period over the last few years. Largely because of the Wilder Scandal. The signing of Dayan and Alexei pale in comparison to what other teams spend on international talent.

So back to the game/team: Crain has got to step it up. Santos is going to hit the wall again sooner rather than later if he keeps having to be the only reliable righty in the pen. Crain's fallen in love with his slider again, even though he had more success earlier in the year getting hitters to chase the high fastball.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 03:20 AM)
Lilli and Rios should be in left and center and pierre as the 4th OF

can't give up the steller lead off man though

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 03:29 AM)
We draft terribly, we develop terribly, and spend nothing on Latin American players (even though most of them LOVE Ozzie). It's scary looking a few years into the future, but hopefully the new General Manager will have a better plan for running an organization.

1.) Since Juan's defense is officially s***ty, I'd rather have Dayan in left even if he is a butcher (Juan's bad, too), Lilly platooning with Rios in center (cause Rios is as bad a hitter as Juan) and CQ in right. Juan can play twice a week for Dayan.

2.) Hopefully the new GM has a better plan. The Royals may have a great GM, but it's still a 5-year or more plan. Can we stand bad baseball for five-plus years?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 10:39 PM)
Apparently, Jerry Krause got lost somewhere between Mexico and Venezuela.

Rescue him, somebody!!!! At the very least, a BOLO or APB.

The D-Backs can rescue him, as that is where he is employed currently.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 09:41 PM)
So back to the game/team: Crain has got to step it up. Santos is going to hit the wall again sooner rather than later if he keeps having to be the only reliable righty in the pen. Crain's fallen in love with his slider again, even though he had more success earlier in the year getting hitters to chase the high fastball.

I am having a hard time blaming Crain...he's been just as overused, hasn't he? I would have just taken my chances with Thornton there and let him pitch to Olivo...I seem to remember Olivo being an excellent hanging breaking ball hitter...and Crain tends to hang one or two...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 04:44 AM)
I am having a hard time blaming Crain...he's been just as overused, hasn't he? I would have just taken my chances with Thornton there and let him pitch to Olivo...I seem to remember Olivo being an excellent hanging breaking ball hitter...and Crain tends to hang one or two...

Crain had like 4 days off after the line drive incident. He just can't keep anything down in the zone. But like you said (and I also added earlier), the main righties are going to continue to be overused. Ozzie seems to have a lot of confidence in Bruney.

Soxfan,

You know some GM's prefer the slg part of ops to the obp part.

As to the rest, I never said small ball and quite frankly not every team in the NL plays small ball. It was just an off the cuff comment about how id basically take any type of offense, provided it was actually good at what it did.

Isn't it safe to say Crain isn't anything special and another reason we are not potentially more than a .500 team (on the high end). I mean Crain is serviceable, but he's not anything to write home about IMO.

Edited by greg775