Peavy to DL, Harrell back to Chicago

southsider2k5

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 05:05 PM)
Peavy to DL

Dog Bites Man

Israeli-Palestinian Relations Tense

Top Republican Disagrees with President Obama About Something

Police Look for Leads in Chicago Homicide

nice

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 06:45 PM)
I bet you Lucas Harrell NEVER wants to leave this organization. No other team in baseball would call this hack up multiple times.

Seriously, he's not really any good but you act like this organization is the Pirates or something.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 06:51 PM)
Seriously, he's not really any good but you act like this organization is the Pirates or something.

They are farm wise. Or a lot worse, actually. I get so sick of seeing "Harrell up" or "Marquez recalled" or "Torres to start." Let's not forget about the Dallas McPherson era.

I actually really liked Torres' stuff. I have a feeling if he would have pitched with nearly as much command as he clearly had at AAA, he would have been very successful. As he's learned, you don't always get very many chances to figure it out up at the big show, though. And I have no problem with that, we've been in no position to give him any more chances due to personnel/his past performance.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 11, 2011 -> 01:02 AM)
I'd say 2. I wouldn't argue if you said 3.

The over/under should be at 1.5 I think. You really think he is going to make more than one rehab start, greg? Why? I thought it was pretty minor?

Edited by MAX

Aaron Poreda was DFA'd by the Padres which means only remaining player from the Jake Peavy trade is Clayton Richard. This trade is looking great on KW side but obviously we know Jake hasn't been one bit of what he was in SD as injuries have derailed his chances but only time will tell what sort of contribution is to come.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 10:30 AM)
Aaron Poreda was DFA'd by the Padres which means only remaining player from the Jake Peavy trade is Clayton Richard. This trade is looking great on KW side but obviously we know Jake hasn't been one bit of what he was in SD as injuries have derailed his chances but only time will tell what sort of contribution is to come.

It looks horrible for us, regardless of whether the Padres get any production out of anyone we traded for them or not.

That trade was not about players, it was about Jake's condition and money.

It has been an absolute disaster for us to this point, regardless of how you view it.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 12:58 PM)
It looks horrible for us, regardless of whether the Padres get any production out of anyone we traded for them or not.

It has been an absolute disaster for us to this point, regardless of how you view it.

Yea certainly understand in that perspective. But i know there has been some rumbling about that insurance policy so who knows if the White Sox actually lost money there. But yea I guess we can only judge the trade until Peavy's tenure in Chicago comes to an end whenever that is. But I gotta agree with KW about having no regrets trading for Peavy tho as the team did lack a true #1 ace.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 11:58 AM)

"Absolute disaster", BS. Peavy gave the team wins against the top offenses in the league already this season and will do more of the same going forward.

In this race, wins are everything.