Peavy to DL, Harrell back to Chicago

southsider2k5

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one said Padres didn't have money issues. There's people on this site that can confirm I was saying the same thing to them after the first near Peavy trade with regards to concerns San Diego had about how he would hold up. If Sox trade Danks this offseason I dont think anyone would claim it's a salary dump

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 01:56 PM)
No one said Padres didn't have money issues. There's people on this site that can confirm I was saying the same thing to them after the first near Peavy trade with regards to concerns San Diego had about how he would hold up. If Sox trade Danks this offseason I dont think anyone would claim it's a salary dump

They should. If Danks gets dealt, it is all about money. That being said, if they know they can't sign him, they should trade him.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 01:58 PM)
They should. If Danks gets dealt, it is all about money. That being said, if they know they can't sign him, they should trade him.

Everything is about money if you're going to look at it that way.

It had to do with the direction they were going in as an organization, which, concededly, was due to financial issues. But certainly AGon wasn't a trade that was necessary to make in the same way that Peavy was, which is why they kept AGon until the end of the 2010 season while trading Peavy at midseason in 2009.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 03:08 PM)
Peavy, by a landslide.

and why is that... we gave up our lone legit pitching prospect in our system for Jackson for his what 1.5 year service cuz no way do I see the Sox paying him 10+ millions that he is most likely gonna get.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 03:14 PM)
Peavy trade due to ridiculous amount of money we have tied up in him. With Jackson the money wasn't the type to really impact your budget

Ya but we gave up better talent than Jackson himself to get him. And Jackson time with the Sox is ticking away either thats at the trade deadline or the end of the season while Hudson would have been in the team control for several years. I truly believe KW probably got spurned by the Washington GM since he prolly believe to flip Jackson for Dunn cuz no way do you get some1 worse than the guy you are giving up which is the case in Hudson for Jackson.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 02:19 PM)
Ya but we gave up better talent than Jackson himself to get him. And Jackson time with the Sox is ticking away either thats at the trade deadline or the end of the season while Hudson would have been in the team control for several years. I truly believe KW probably got spurned by the Washington GM since he prolly believe to flip Jackson for Dunn cuz no way do you get some1 worse than the guy you are giving up which is the case in Hudson for Jackson.

At least Jackson has been pitching. I don't see how you don't get these things. The Peavy trade is worse because it ties up a ton of money for years with a guy that doesn't even pitch. The Peavy trade was a win for the Padres because they needed to get rid of Peavy and they did so without having to pay a cent of his contract.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 05:07 PM)
any word on the MRI he was supposed to have today?

MRI showed no fluid in the groin. He should be fine.

also......

Peavy said he'll volunteer for any role when he returns - even bullpen

Will make a minor league start thursday or Friday, and should be back next week after the AZ series.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 04:39 PM)
MRI showed no fluid in the groin. He should be fine.

also......

Peavy said he'll volunteer for any role when he returns - even bullpen

Will make a minor league start thursday or Friday, and should be back next week after the AZ series.

We need him to be the Ace that he can be and move Jackson to the Pen, as we need someone to help out Sergio, MT and Crain.