If Juan Pierre is signed tmrw to an extension, what would you do?

caulfield12

Pierre protest options  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What would yould you do if KW/Ozzie signed Pierre to a 2 year contract extension for $6.5 million

• Put all your remaining tickets at StubHub and watch Pirates of the Caribbean 4 or the Hangover 2 every night when the Sox are on instead
    • Join J4Life as a Royals/Nationals/D-Backs fan
    • Stalk KW's and OG's houses and threaten to kidnap Pierre
    • Petition Bud Selig for a permanent move to the NL
    • Rent a plane or balloon to fly over the field with saying "Hey, Ozzie, Pierre has cost you 5 games and ruined Matt Thornton."
    • Burn all your Mitchell/Danks/Lillibridge rookie cards
    • Personally offer to change your new team of choice to wherever Viciedo is traded to
    • Send Juan Pierre video highlights of Scott Podsednik playing LF in 2005 to study...
    • Send Scotty Pods' wife to Pierre in hopes of waking him up defensively
    • Cross Dunn/Rios/Peavy/Teahen off your personal list as worst White Sox contract

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 10:55 PM)
Could I send Scotty's wife to myself to distract me from these woes?

I ran out of choices at Number 10.

#11 Be stapled in the cheeks at least 100 times by the red "Office Space" stapler every time Pierre is caught stealing, hits a soft liner caught by the LFer or weakly grounds out.

Maybe inflicting that pain on KW or OG would get them to change their minds.

#12 Surreptitiously plant a nest of 100,000 rare North African scorpions in LF before the game

#13 Have Fred Durst, LeAnne Rimes or Josh Groban sing the National Anthem every White Sox home game until Pierre is gone

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 10:03 PM)
I would look online to see if Dave Wilder is his agent.

I think you're onto something.

Follow the money trail.

Maybe it's KWJR or the Guillen clan who is now representing him?

Can't wait for KWJR to join the White Sox F.O. as an intern two years from now.

Must drive Hahn crazy.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 08:05 AM)
If there were no emotional attachment, it'd be "Ask how much his contract is for, and not be angry if it's under $2 million."

But of course, that would mean Viciedo or Quentin goes to the bench, given our management.

Who cares how much the contract is for? If it were for $50 I'd be angry because he'd still play, costing us games and impeding other more talented players from taking his spot.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 10:25 AM)
Who cares how much the contract is for? If it were for $50 I'd be angry because he'd still play, costing us games and impeding other more talented players from taking his spot.

He is actually still an adequate 4th OF right now in my eyes. For a generic team with a generic manager, $1-2 million for a 4th OF who can step in and start and give you pinch running off the bench isn't a bad deal.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 03:48 AM)
Let's start a spirited debate about our various options of protest...

Juan Pierre was playing deep to prevent doubles and was playing there as the coaches directed. He tried to make the catch and just missed it. It's the breaks of the game. It is just too bad that these bad breaks always seem to come back and haunt us. I just don't see the reason for this conversation other than we always look for the scapegoat.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 09:30 AM)
Juan Pierre was playing deep to prevent doubles and was playing there as the coaches directed. He tried to make the catch and just missed it. It's the breaks of the game. It is just too bad that these bad breaks always seem to come back and haunt us. I just don't see the reason for this conversation other than we always look for the scapegoat.

Which is exactly what Ozzie said.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 10:30 AM)

Problem is...if Juan Pierre is going to be starting everyday, he needs to be able to get to that ball. The fact that he was able to get to those balls last year offset some of his lack of productivity on offense. If he can't get to that ball, then he's giving below average production on both offense and defense.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 03:33 PM)
Problem is...if Juan Pierre is going to be starting everyday, he needs to be able to get to that ball. The fact that he was able to get to those balls last year offset some of his lack of productivity on offense. If he can't get to that ball, then he's giving below average production on both offense and defense.

No confidence in himself because Soxtalk always picks on him :lolhitting :)

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 09:45 AM)
No confidence in himself because Soxtalk always picks on him :lolhitting :)

It was a bad play, if you can't see that then Im sorry.

At the same time, Santos then proceeded to walk the next batter, and Olivo just crushed that pitch to score them both. We did a poor job recovering from the mistake.