If Juan Pierre is signed tmrw to an extension, what would you do?

caulfield12

Pierre protest options  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What would yould you do if KW/Ozzie signed Pierre to a 2 year contract extension for $6.5 million

• Put all your remaining tickets at StubHub and watch Pirates of the Caribbean 4 or the Hangover 2 every night when the Sox are on instead
    • Join J4Life as a Royals/Nationals/D-Backs fan
    • Stalk KW's and OG's houses and threaten to kidnap Pierre
    • Petition Bud Selig for a permanent move to the NL
    • Rent a plane or balloon to fly over the field with saying "Hey, Ozzie, Pierre has cost you 5 games and ruined Matt Thornton."
    • Burn all your Mitchell/Danks/Lillibridge rookie cards
    • Personally offer to change your new team of choice to wherever Viciedo is traded to
    • Send Juan Pierre video highlights of Scott Podsednik playing LF in 2005 to study...
    • Send Scotty Pods' wife to Pierre in hopes of waking him up defensively
    • Cross Dunn/Rios/Peavy/Teahen off your personal list as worst White Sox contract

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 11:17 PM)
I think you're onto something.

Follow the money trail.

Maybe it's KWJR or the Guillen clan who is now representing him?

Can't wait for KWJR to join the White Sox F.O. as an intern two years from now.

Must drive Hahn crazy.

KW Jr. will be the clean up hitter for the White Sox in two years.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 03:49 PM)
It was a bad play, if you can't see that then Im sorry.

At the same time, Santos then proceeded to walk the next batter, and Olivo just crushed that pitch to score them both. We did a poor job recovering from the mistake.

It was not a bad play. Apparently you and I watched two different plays and came to different conclussions. Pierre was all out and it looked like Morel was too. It landed in a "bad" spot and our players darn near collided giving it their all to catch the ball. Yes, we should have recovered from the missed catch, but Santos said he just didn't have it last night.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 12:49 PM)
It was not a bad play. Apparently you and I watched two different plays and came to different conclussions. Pierre was all out and it looked like Morel was too. It landed in a "bad" spot and our players darn near collided giving it their all to catch the ball. Yes, we should have recovered from the missed catch, but Santos said he just didn't have it last night.

Seriously, you're like a cliché manager or announcer. Are you Hawk?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 05:58 PM)

I did want to see the replay before being an expert on that play.

Sometimes there's nothing that can be done on the little flares out there, little pops that have ended careers with those fierce collisions.

Has anybody STUDIED the replay? I have not. Did Juan blow it on that play or was it one of those things? I just assumed on first glance the team f***ed up royally, mainly Juan.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 07:53 PM)
I did want to see the replay before being an expert on that play.

Sometimes there's nothing that can be done on the little flares out there, little pops that have ended careers with those fierce collisions.

Has anybody STUDIED the replay? I have not. Did Juan blow it on that play or was it one of those things? I just assumed on first glance the team f***ed up royally, mainly Juan.

I saw it

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 05:58 PM)

You gotta be bleeping me dadgummit. And I take that as a compliment

Edited by elrockinMT

Morel and Pierre are both to blame for not handling that play correctly. Had Brent vocally given the play to Juan and taken a route more appropriate to back up the ball if Juan missed, Juan would have gone after it harder and he probably would have made the play. Morel kept on a route to try to catch the ball. If I were Juan, there's no way I'd be going that hard after the ball. Guys break ribs and end seasons on plays like that.

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 04:47 PM)
Morel and Pierre are both to blame for not handling that play correctly. Had Brent vocally given the play to Juan and taken a route more appropriate to back up the ball if Juan missed, Juan would have gone after it harder and he probably would have made the play. Morel kept on a route to try to catch the ball. If I were Juan, there's no way I'd be going that hard after the ball. Guys break ribs and end seasons on plays like that.

Juan Pierre is coming forward, Brent Morel is coming backwards. Juan Pierre is the guy who can look down to see where the other guy is and call him off without losing track of the ball. While heading away from the plate, if Brent looked down to see where Pierre was, he'd have to look back over his shoulder to see the ball.

That is the LF's ball all the way, the guy going away from the plate has the wrong angle to look for other players. If the LF can't get to it then he should back off way earlier and be doing whatever he can to say that he doesn't have it, or getting in position to turn it into a single. If Pierre was going to make a stab at the ball at all he needed to call the 3b.

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 03:47 PM)

It's up to Juan to call off Brent on that play....just sayin.

QUOTE (southsidepride15 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 03:50 PM)

True, but they were both silent and seemingly under the impression that the other was going to take the lead, seems like anytime two players are going after the ball on this team, they go silent. How many times have we seen two outfielders both heading towards a flyball and almost mess it up because nobody said anything?

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 04:56 PM)
True, but they were both silent and seemingly under the impression that the other was going to take the lead, seems like anytime two players are going after the ball on this team, they go silent. How many times have we seen two outfielders both heading towards a flyball and almost mess it up because nobody said anything?

If they were both silent, it's the guy coming in's fault if there's a collision. The guy coming in always calls off the guy moving away. If the guy moving away hears nothing then he's going to try for the ball because he assumes he has a clear path.

Is there really a team out there stupid enough to offer Pierre a 2-3 year deal at this point?

There's every chance in the world the White Sox might offer him a small contract or Arbitration and he would take it :(

Hopefully someone reaches far and overpays the s*** out of him. I really hope that it's Ozzie who's in love with him and KW wants no part but knows he can't be rid of him until the season is over...

Edited by Cali

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 05:00 PM)
Is there really a team out there stupid enough to offer Pierre a 2-3 year deal at this point?

There's every chance in the world the White Sox might offer him a small contract or Arbitration and he would take it :(

Hopefully someone reaches far and overpays the s*** out of him.

If the Sox offered him arbitration he'd be insane not to take it. That's like $7.5 million more than he should be paid next year.

Unless Juan Pierre was positioned against the wall on the warning track there is NO EXCUSE for him not getting to that ball. He got a bad jump, and then proceeded to miss the ball primarily because he was concerned that he was going to collide with Morel. Of course, if JP was a real player Morel wouldn't have to think about covering LF as well as 3B, and get in the way to begin with. The ball was in the air for an eternity and JP, ONCE AGAIN, was running scared looking around for help when he is the ONLY guy that can make that play. It's so embarrassing to see Ozzie march him out there everyday. We have a joke of a manager and a gutless GM who HAS to know that JP sucks but doesn't want to rock the boat by DFA'ing him. Period.

QUOTE (southsidepride15 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 03:50 PM)

It shouldn't EVER be Morel's responsibility to play LF. That's what he was trying to do on that play, because JP sucks my dutch d*ck. And I'm not even dutch.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 12:49 PM)

There's no reason for Morel to have to turn around and chase a ball over his shoulder and get farther than Pierre had to go when all Pierre had to do was run in. That ball was in mid left field, and it hung for a long time.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 04:07 PM)
It shouldn't EVER be Morel's responsibility to play LF. That's what he was trying to do on that play, because JP sucks my dutch d*ck. And I'm not even dutch.

LOL, no it shouldn't be his responsibility. Unfortunately on that play he looked behind him and realized that Mr. Hankey is still our left fielder....and even being an INFIELDER he might have to cover from home plate to the foul pole. JPCSMFD. Horrible read on a ball that was his all the way.

QUOTE (southsidepride15 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 04:38 PM)
LOL, no it shouldn't be his responsibility. Unfortunately on that play he looked behind him and realized that Mr. Hankey is still our left fielder....and even being an INFIELDER he might have to cover from home plate to the foul pole. JPCSMFD. Horrible read on a ball that was his all the way.

I'm rather pleased with myself that I could figure that one out on the fly. JPCASMFDAW.