Complete White Sox draft and signings list

southsider2k5

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 17, 2011 -> 11:13 PM)
Focus on the Sox all you want, but that's not the number that stands out to me. $236 million sounds like a broken system to me.

Take advantage of the broken system. Us being a major market team it's sad that we are the last team in spending towards the draft and international front almost every year. New York Mets used to be just like us, but they finally woke up this year and changed their draft philosophy with their new GM. That's why you are seeing so many of the small market teams wising up the last couple years by investing $10-15 million in the draft each year. Pittsburgh, KC, Tampa Bay, Toronto, Cleveland, and Seattle are building their farm systems the right way and already our benefiting on their big league club which will save hundreds of millions of dollars those first 6 years before they become free agent. Chisenhall, Kipnis, Hosmer, Moustakas, Duffy, Crow, Alvarez, McCutchen, Jennings, Price, Pineda, Ackley and the list goes on and on. I know a bunch of those players are Boras players and high first round draft picks and that brings up another fact that the White Sox will never consider drafting a Scott Boras player because we are too cheap with farm development to get involved in that situation.

Edited by PolishPrince34

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic