Complete White Sox draft and signings list

southsider2k5

QUOTE (LayelBurton @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 02:06 AM)
Can't hold truth to it, but his Facebook lists him as Blake Jake Drake. He's on Jacob Petricka's friends so I'm pretty sure its legit.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=665948785

Kinda stalker-ish but Oops! (:

Lol, it's cool, I looked at his FB page too. I was considering making him an AAP for myself, but I haven't decided.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes sense...Cal's Erik Johnson (2nd round) likely to sign right after the CWS:

Linky: http://www.mercurynews.com/peninsula/ci_18...?nclick_check=1

On Tuesday, Johnson was chosen by the Chicago White Sox as the No. 80 overall pick in the Major League draft. Johnson is the highest Los Altos alum to be drafted in the regular phase of the draft. Former Santa Clara home run king Gene Delyon (class of 1970) was selected by the Yankees in the first round of the draft's secondary phase in January of 1974. No Los Altos product has ever made it to The Show, but the 6-foot-3, 240-pound Johnson hopes to be the first. He is expected to sign a contract at the conclusion of Cal's season.

"The White Sox were really behind the scenes," Johnson said. "It turned out, Adam Virvhis, their area scout, was at all of my games. I was drafted in a great spot. No complaints. If I pitch well, I can move up quickly in their organization."

Quite possibly if all things go well with the Sox and the other Cal Bears after the CWS, they'll sign too.

Here's something to whet your appetite:

About three weeks ago, Johnson matched up with UCLA's Gerrit Cole, the No. 1 overall pick in the draft. Johnson got the victory, throwing seven innings, while striking out seven and allowing two hits as the Bears won 4-0. In a 7-0 win over Washington State, Johnson threw eight innings of one-hit ball, striking out six.
Edited by OilCan

Just a matter of when...Round 37: Todd Kibby, LHP, 19, 6-4, 240, St. Petersburg Junior College (New Middleton, Ohio)

Linky: http://www.tribtoday.com/page/content.deta...t.html?nav=5024

While Vazquez may still accept a scholarship to the University of Pittsburgh, former Springfield Local standout Todd Kibby said he is definitely going to accept an offer with the Chicago White Sox, who drafted him with the 1,131st pick.

Kibby, a 6-foot-4 lefty, struck out 71 batters in 69 innings in 2011 for the St. Petersburg Junior College Titans. In 2009, he pitched the Tigers to the state semifinal round, where they lost to Patrick Henry.

"I was just amazed by it (getting drafted)," Kibby said. "Most people dream about this, but it never happens - me, I'm lucky enough to experience it first hand, and it's just a great feeling."

Kibby, only 19 years old, said he felt lucky to be drafted by the White Sox because of the team's strong record of quickly developing young pitchers.

Interesting tidbit about THE KID WITH NO SCHOOL:

Round 29: Dustin Hayes, OF, 19, 6-2, 180, Walnut Grove High School (Langley, B.C.)

Linky: http://www.modbee.com/2011/06/08/1722147/e...out-picked.html

Dustin Hayes, a Modesto Christian graduate who redshirted this spring at Modesto Junior College, was drafted in the 29th round (891st overall) by the Chicago White Sox.

Hayes' selection came as a surprise. Not only did he not play this spring, but he was drafted as an outfielder after starring mostly as a pitcher in high school.

Round 23: Mike Marjama C, 21, 6-2, 210, Long Beach State University (Granite Bay, Calif.)

Sounds like he may be a tough sign.

http://www.presstelegram.com/sports/ci_18257495

(Coach) Buckley made it clear he wants Marjama, who hit .290 with 27 RBIs, to return. But he understands the situation the catcher/third baseman is in - he was drafted lower than expected and now must balance how much higher he can raise his draft status if he returns to college as a senior.

"From our perspective, we want quality seniors on the team who can provide leadership," he said. "I also understand where he is, and I don't want to put him in a position where all he hears from us is: `We want you back.' That can turn a kid off."

Marjama is already in a summer league, Buckley having guided him to Orleans in the prestigious Cape Cod League, where he will work on his catching skills. "For his best interests, the more he develops his talents will make him more valuable, and he needs the chance to play in a quality league day in and day out." Buckley said. "I want what's best for him, and that's what's best for him whether he signs or comes back."

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 11:23 AM)
Nothing like starting the dream of becoming a professional baseball player, only to immediately get sent to Great Falls, Montana.

Hey, what's with the dog on Great Falls. Great Falls is a great place to play and be assigned. Warm temps during the day, cool temps at night. None of those games played in 98% humidity and 105 temp. No sales tax for these guys to pay when they are here, that's a popular one I've heard lots of times. A great updated stadium to play in that is near capacity every night. Stays light out til 10:00 in the summer and we've got the best Fourth of July fireworks display which is always a home game cause we sell out every year! Small community where they are treated like pros and everybody knows their name, even if they are just rookies in the minors.

There are a bunch of guys in this organization that started in Great Falls and I'd bet a case of Montana's finest beer, Great Falls Select, that every one has fond memories of their time in the Big Sky State!

QUOTE (gfbaseball @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 10:22 AM)
Hey, what's with the dog on Great Falls. Great Falls is a great place to play and be assigned. Warm temps during the day, cool temps at night. None of those games played in 98% humidity and 105 temp. No sales tax for these guys to pay when they are here, that's a popular one I've heard lots of times. A great updated stadium to play in that is near capacity every night. Stays light out til 10:00 in the summer and we've got the best Fourth of July fireworks display which is always a home game cause we sell out every year! Small community where they are treated like pros and everybody knows their name, even if they are just rookies in the minors.

There are a bunch of guys in this organization that started in Great Falls and I'd bet a case of Montana's finest beer, Great Falls Select, that every one has fond memories of their time in the Big Sky State!

When I lived in Utah every summer I'd go see Great Falls play in Orem, which incidentally has a nice ballpark with a great view of the mountains. My buddy and me always talked about taking a road trip to Great Falls. Now that I'm in Washington that's still not out of the question. I'd love to go and see some more Pioneer League baseball. I miss it! I've seen Great Falls play on the road so many times, I'd love to see 'em play at home.

QUOTE (gfbaseball @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 12:22 PM)

Just going out of a limb here, but I think he just meant being sent far away from professional baseball, or professional sports in general, not necessarily the town of Great Falls in particular. I can't imagine many people think of Montana as a great sports state! Heh.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 12:04 PM)
When I lived in Utah every summer I'd go see Great Falls play in Orem, which incidentally has a nice ballpark with a great view of the mountains. My buddy and me always talked about taking a road trip to Great Falls. Now that I'm in Washington that's still not out of the question. I'd love to go and see some more Pioneer League baseball. I miss it! I've seen Great Falls play on the road so many times, I'd love to see 'em play at home.

I've never been to a game in Orem, but from the pics I've seen and the people I've talked to, they've got one of the best views and atmosphere anywhere in baseball. I love it when the southern teams come through. After seeing the north teams every day, it's great seeing some different teams and players.

Ok, maybe, just maybe, I got a bit defensive. Players start arriving to Great Falls today and i should know what players will be staying with me for the summer by Friday. Still snow in the mountains and finally baseball is going to get started.

Prelim. Great Falls Lineup:

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/article/2...rs-taking-shape

Four other pitchers who toiled in the White Sox organization last year at Bristol are on the Voyagers' roster. They'll be joined by several recently drafted players, including fourth-rounder Kyle McMillen of Kent State, 11th-rounder Blair Walters of Hawaii, 22nd-rounder Blake Drake of Indiana State and 35th-rounder Joseph Dvorsky of Texas State.

The group of position players on the roster includes three other college players and recent draftees. Outfielder Mark Haddow, a 24th-round pick out of UC Santa Barbara, and infielders Martin Medina (20th round, CSU Bakersfield), David Herbek (15th round, James Madison) and Joe De Pinto (21st round, Southern California) will all begin their professional careers soon.
Edited by OilCan

Not signed yet, but a story on: Round 44: Joseph Pistorese, LHP, 18, 6-2, 170, Flathead High School (Columbia Falls, Mont.)

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/article/2...ed-by-White-Sox

Pistorese, a 6-foot-1, 160-pounder, has a live arm and an 87 mph fastball that features a lot of movement. He's also a talented hitter and was a starter on Flathead's basketball team this winter.

QUOTE (OilCan @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 03:17 PM)
Not signed yet, but a story on: Round 44: Joseph Pistorese, LHP, 18, 6-2, 170, Flathead High School (Columbia Falls, Mont.)

Pistorese did come to Great Falls last Friday and pitched for the Legion AA Kalispell Lakers against the Great Falls Chargers. He started the second game of a doubleheader going the full seven innings giving up one hit, struck out 13, and walked one. Granted it's just high school ball, but the Chargers have a good team this year and are currently 20-11 overall, so that line stats look pretty good. Oh yea, and to top that off, Joseph went 2-3 with 2 RBI's.

Edited by gfbaseball

http://www.cleveland.com/tribe/index.ssf/2...ed_by_whit.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Brecksville-Broadview Heights High School senior pitcher Mike Mancuso is used to throwing opposing batters off-guard with his curve. But the 6-6, 240-pounder was blindsided when the Chicago White Sox took him in the 46th round (1,401 overall) of the Major League Baseball draft.

He, along with Lincoln-West senior outfielder Brian Ruiz were the lone local high school players drafted on Wednesday.

Mancuso, a Georgia recruit who has a fastball in the 91-92 mph range, was contacted by the Baltimore Orioles, Texas Rangers and Detroit Tigers in earlier rounds, but was not selected.

"Signability was and still is the big question because we were asking for quite a bit of money," said Mancuso, without offering the exact numbers. "[Chicago's] going to follow me this summer and if I do well, they could come back with a better offer."

Mancuso compiled a 3-1 record with 1.93 ERA, 35 strikeouts and nine walks in 29 innings for the Bees this spring and will graduate with a 17-2 mark, 174 strikeouts and 1.90 ERA in 132 2/3 career innings.

Mancuso, who plays summer ball for the Midland (Cincinnati) Redskins, was surprised when Chicago drafted him.

"I'm happy it's them, though, because I've always been a big White Sox fan," said Mancuso, 18.

Ruiz, a 6-3, 180-pounder right-hander, was taken by the Indians as the seventh player in the 41st round, 1,238th overall.

Mancuso and Ruiz join five Kent State players, two Akron players and one Lake Erie College player as area draftees. Kent State players chosen were Andrew Chafin (first round/supplemental, Arizona), Kyle McMillen (fourth round, White Sox), Travis Shaw (ninth round, Boston), Kyle Hallock (10th round, Houston) and Ben Klafczynski (20th round, Cubs).

Chris Bassitt (16th round, White Sox) and Andrew Turocy (24th round, Boston) were the Akron players chosen. Lake Erie's Ryan Rua went in the 17th round to Texas.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 11:20 AM)
31st rounder

michael5johnson michael johnson

It's official I'm a White Sox #winning

michael5johnson michael johnson

Found out I leave for Great Falls Montana on Sunday

Today @michael5johnson Twitter says:

"Goodbye Naples. Off to the airport. Next stop Bristol Virginia"

QUOTE (OilCan @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 04:17 PM)

RAW INTERVIEW: Pistorese Drafted by Chicago White Sox

By Montana Sports Network

http://www.kfbb.com/sports/local/Kalispell...-123672949.html

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 11:59 AM)
Looking like Gardeck will sign. I'm a fan of this pick.

http://www.southsidesox.com/2011/6/14/2221...te-sox-prospect

Sounds like another guy to work on repeatability with. I have to imagine he will start in the system as a starter to get him his innings and repetitions to work on his repeatability and arm slot.