Jimmy Johns - $1 subs - Chicago - today only.

Controlled Chaos

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 02:04 PM)
On the late night you can't beat Taco Burrito King, now with a convenient 12 locations.

I second Taco Burrito King and there unapologetic rip off of the Budweiser crown. In high school La Bamba's in Champaign was the place to go, but after being away from it for a while and going back it's not really that good.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Taco Burrito king on Broadway (I think) really delivered a few weeks ago. But not all of them are created equal.

As to the $1 subs, I walked past a store at 10:30 and people were in line, I had no idea why. When I found out it was for $1 sub, I determined that Id rather pay than wait in line.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 02:14 PM)
Taco Burrito king on Broadway (I think) really delivered a few weeks ago. But not all of them are created equal.

As to the $1 subs, I walked past a store at 10:30 and people were in line, I had no idea why. When I found out it was for $1 sub, I determined that Id rather pay than wait in line.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 12:03 PM)
Drove by. I'd rather pay $7 for the sub than wait in that f***ing line.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 02:14 PM)

TBK in Greektown rocks.

The chains like Chipotle and Qdoba arent open late, but there are tons of small Mexican places that are open seemingly 24 hours. I know that I had an impressively large enchilada dinner at a Mexican restaurant by the Irving Park Red Line stop at 5 am or so.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 02:18 PM)
In Chicago? Enough, that is for sure.

I was talking about the Urbana/Champaign area.

Only Burrito King is open late around the area.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 02:22 PM)

JJ is decent drunk food, it gets the job done, but Zyggyz Indian or pizza hits the spot better on campus.

Of course, Mexican takes the cake in the US, but in Europe it's all about the kebab.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 12:14 PM)
Damn, I wish I was still in Urbana. A lot less people there right now for summer school and two Jimmy Johns close by.

JJ's the best super late night food.

See, I like JJ's when I'm sober, it was never really my drunk food of choice. Give me Pizza or Nachos(the SIU folks know what I'm talking about here) for that.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 02:22 PM)

Do you have a La Bamba? They were open late in Normal. Not great food but my taste buds weren't great either when I went there at 3 am.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 02:56 PM)
Do you have a La Bamba? They were open late in Normal. Not great food but my taste buds weren't great either when I went there at 3 am.

Amazing how that works. There's a place in Carbondale called "Wise Guys" that was one of the more popular drunk food spots around but everyone HATED it when they were sober. Crazy stuff.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 02:50 PM)
See, I like JJ's when I'm sober, it was never really my drunk food of choice. Give me Pizza or Nachos(the SIU folks know what I'm talking about here) for that.

Don Taco or LaBambas?

Many a night a burrito as big as my head fended off hangovers and put me to bed. Don Taco showed up the year before I left, but I took advantage of their cheap menu plenty of times

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 02:56 PM)

Closed sometime in the past year. Fittingly, a liquor store moved into the building.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 02:58 PM)
Amazing how that works. There's a place in Carbondale called "Wise Guys" that was one of the more popular drunk food spots around but everyone HATED it when they were sober. Crazy stuff.

I'm not even sure why that place opened before 10 p.m.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 02:59 PM)
Don Taco or LaBambas?

Many a night a burrito as big as my head fended off hangovers and put me to bed. Don Taco showed up the year before I left, but I took advantage of their cheap menu plenty of times

Don Taco, I forgot you're old. :P

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 03:00 PM)
Rowand, I hated Wise Guys while drunk and sober.

But then again, i got Quatros for free whenever I wanted it, so it didnt matter

Ya, well in general what I said was the consensus about Wise Guys. I had it a billion times when I was drunk, tried it once when I was sober and no thank you.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 03:56 PM)

I don't think there's any food that I wound up regretting eating more than that one.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 03:03 PM)
Don Taco, I forgot you're old. :P

Ya, well in general what I said was the consensus about Wise Guys. I had it a billion times when I was drunk, tried it once when I was sober and no thank you.

El Greco Gyros were a pretty awesome backup plan for nights when the lines were too long. Although it took FOREVER