6/11 Games

What good is Andrew Garcia doing at AAA that the White Sox can't promote Kuhn to play 2b??? Or what good is Gookie Dawkins @ 3b?? Kuhn can play both positions.

I can see Kuhn and Marrero getting promoted to AAA, hopefully soon.

Edited by OilCan

QUOTE (OilCan @ Jun 11, 2011 -> 10:44 PM)
What good is Andrew Garcia doing at AAA that the White Sox can't promote Kuhn to play 2b??? Or what good is Gookie Dawkins @ 3b?? Kuhn can play both positions.

I can see Kuhn and Marrero getting promoted to AAA, hopefully soon.

Kuhn actually played SS tonight, but he shouldn't push Escobar out of the way. Should definitely be playing 2B every day in Charlotte very soon.

I've been noticing just a few negative posts of T2 lately. IMHO, he'll be fine. He may never hit .300, but if he continues to develop his contact first, then power, and his defensive skills, he'll be fine. He certainly has the athletic bloodlines, so that will help. Can't wait to see what he continues to do in Lower A this summer.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 11, 2011 -> 10:27 PM)
Kuhn actually played SS tonight, but he shouldn't push Escobar out of the way. Should definitely be playing 2B every day in Charlotte very soon.

Yep, I don't think anyone will push Escobar out of SS given his defensive skills...I wouldn't. Escobar is fine where he is. Just don't know or understand why this organization continues to play players who are not cutting it and having those who are stay stagnant in the minors. Challenge them!

QUOTE (OilCan @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 11:39 AM)
I've been noticing just a few negative posts of T2 lately. IMHO, he'll be fine. He may never hit .300, but if he continues to develop his contact first, then power, and his defensive skills, he'll be fine. He certainly has the athletic bloodlines, so that will help. Can't wait to see what he continues to do in Lower A this summer.

I think the negative posts comes from the fact that he is still so raw. He is undoubtedly an elite athlete, but contact skills are not easily developed. And poor contact rates (and high strikeout totals) only get exposed more at higher levels.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 12:41 PM)
I think the negative posts comes from the fact that he is still so raw. He is undoubtedly an elite athlete, but contact skills are not easily developed. And poor contact rates (and high strikeout totals) only get exposed more at higher levels.

There's nothing to me wrong with a guy who's a 150-ish strikeout a year person...if he's also adding 30 HR power and walking.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 02:03 PM)
There's nothing to me wrong with a guy who's a 150-ish strikeout a year person...if he's also adding 30 HR power and walking.

But he is likely not going to be adding the walking. Granted, he has the tools to be a really good OF, which can off-set his weaknesses in hitting. I think we gotta hope he becomes a .850 OPS guy with great D. A lower OBP/BAA Grady Sizemore seems about what he can become.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 01:56 AM)
But he is likely not going to be adding the walking. Granted, he has the tools to be a really good OF, which can off-set his weaknesses in hitting. I think we gotta hope he becomes a .850 OPS guy with great D. A lower OBP/BAA Grady Sizemore seems about what he can become.

He's been steadily holding down a 1 BB/10 at bats rate throughout the minors so far. That's not bad for his level.