2011-2012 OFFICIAL NBA LOCKOUT thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 12:04 AM)
But I'm not. That's the thing. So I have to put more effort and emphasis on why I disagree with A Sox/Bulls/Bears move in comparison to another teams' move?

If you want people to not think that you're "talking out of your ass", back up your opinions with facts.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 11:05 PM)
If you want people to not think that you're "talking out of your ass", back up your opinions with facts.

Facts? As in this draft? I can't provide facts right now. It's all personal opinion. These f***ers haven't played in the NBA yet.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 11:08 PM)
Facts? As in this draft? I can't provide facts right now. It's all personal opinion. These f***ers haven't played in the NBA yet.

You are obviously basing your opinion on something. Why not provide that reasoning instead of just coming off as a contrarian?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 11:04 PM)
But I'm not. That's the thing. So I have to put more effort and emphasis on why I disagree with A Sox/Bulls/Bears move in comparison to another teams' move?

Again, it's all about presentation. But at the same time, if you're telling me Bosh is better than Rose, there's no good way to present that. You need to think big-picture and not criticize and overreact for every little thing.

"Looking forward to another year of Keith Bogans as the starting 2-guard on a team with title aspirations."

"Butler? lol. Pathetic. I hate Chicago teams."

"Whatever. We could draft Jojo English and some fans would try to make a positive out of it. Ain't no way in hell Butler was a better prospect than Hamilton and Johnson. I don't have to get paid to know this. I look forward to losing to the Heat in 6 games next year (assuming there is a next year)."

You went on and on and on about not taking a 2-guard and not picking the best player available, yet when people try to counter your opinion, you ignored it.

What the hell were you expecting them to take at the end of the 1st round that was going to make them instantly better against Miami?

Butler is a "pathetic" pick? He's a great fit, ESPECIALLY with Thibs' defense-1st philosophy.

But the biggest thiung is you attacking posters for possibly being positive about a pick (OH! The horror!) and writing their opinion off.

You tend to do those things a lot. It seems like you type away without thinking. Jordan freaking Hamilton isn't going to make the Bulls better than the Heat. There's a reason these guys lasted to the end of the 1st in a horrible draft.

You also tend to post the "if you do/don't think ____________ will do ________________, then you don't know s*** about ___________________." That's f***ing annoying and it makes it seem like you think you know more than everyone.

Loved the Butler pick. I read he wants to be a starting NBA 2 guard, but I think he's a great option/fit as a backup for Deng right now. And the Bulls REALLY need that. I'd have rather taken Brooks with the other pick since I think he can be a solid 2 guard in the NBA, but the kid they did take sounds very talented. Maybe he'll be a starter here someday. I have hope the Bulls can solve the 2 guard spot in free agency or via trade, too. There are some options, and Reinsdorf himself said he realized the Bulls probably lost to Miami due to lack of a 2 guard. Overall, I'm fine with the draft. Also, anybody who hasn't read the Jimmy Butler story needs to, it's incredible. Easiest kid to root for in this draft, and I'm glad he's on the Bulls and hope he does well.

Did anybody else find some of those picks late in the draft hilarious? The names were so long and bizarre, and they were guys nobody had ever heard of. I'm convinced some of them were just made up entirely. I couldn't stop laughing at them, and I think a lot of teams just took fliers on foreign guys in the 2nd round so they wouldn't have to pay those draft picks. The NBA financial situation is just dire right now, especially with the impending lockout. Also, no Illinois players picked. Maybe if Demetri McCamey or Jereme Richmond actually gave a s*** during their time in Champaign, they could have been drafted!

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (bulokis @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 11:19 PM)
I do not care who the bulls drafted because the picks were too far to produce an impact player. I care about the SG position though. If F******G Bogans is still our SG, I would consider it a big failure.

The Bulls will not (and cannot, which is probably the more important phrase here) win the NBA Championship until the 2 guard spot is improved significantly. I think they realize that though, which is a major step in the right direction. Now, they need to fix it.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

I have no idea what happened in the last 20+ pages, and I'm certainly not going to waste my time and read it, but the Wolves had a great draft. Didn't f*** up the Williams pick and were able to use their 20th pick to move into the second and add future picks, cash and Lee. I'll take that everyday of the week.

Certainly some action today, although was hoping for some bigger names to be dealt.

From the Bulls perspective taking Mirotic is very understandable considering the success they've had with Asik. They better hope that he doesn't get settled in Madrid however otherwise you're looking at a Fran Vazquez scenario all over again. Still at that point of the draft, he's pretty good value.

We traded 2 future 2nd rounders for Justin Harper, apparently he's Rashard Lewis lite (75% of his shots for Richmond last season were 3's apparently).

Overall I thought Charlotte did well getting 2 1st rounders today, although not getting Thompson hurts. No other real big suprises, SAC picking Fredette had the Maloof Brothers all over it.

Getting George Hill for pick 15 is excellent value for Indiana as well. Now do they package Collison and Granger in a trade to try and get a real superstar?

I love that no Illini players were drafted and then this comment from Dan Dakich (http://twitter.com/#!/dandakich/status/84112345353289729) that was retweeted by Seth Davis, among others.

"Hey Illini players..how about listening to Coach Weber instead of the hanger on clowns..just a suggestion"

Hate Dakich, but absolutely love this comment!

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 06:08 AM)
From the Bulls perspective taking Mirotic is very understandable considering the success they've had with Asik. They better hope that he doesn't get settled in Madrid however otherwise you're looking at a Fran Vazquez scenario all over again. Still at that point of the draft, he's pretty good value.

I think the Bulls are 100% considering this a long-term asset, along with the Charlotte Pick. They know they need roster spots right now and they need trade assets, and they have both.

If he comes over in a couple years and the Bulls are still holding his rights, fine, but for pick 28 and a 2nd rounder, that fills a need for the Bulls.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 01:04 AM)
Loved the Butler pick. I read he wants to be a starting NBA 2 guard, but I think he's a great option/fit as a backup for Deng right now. And the Bulls REALLY need that.

Yeah...a guy who plays 5-10 minutes a game to spell Deng really was a big need for the Bulls last year.

Loved the draft last night. Shumpert went 17, Butler gets a first round guarantee (great story, great defender), and the two Illini lazy guys don't get picked. As for Butler, he's a great defender who's a solid shooter but can't create his own shot. He scored a ton of points at Marquette by getting to the FT line. He's probably below level quick-wise for the 2 guard in the NBA, but he's good enough defensively to survive in the league.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 08:53 AM)
Loved the draft last night. Shumpert went 17, Butler gets a first round guarantee (great story, great defender), and the two Illini lazy guys don't get picked. As for Butler, he's a great defender who's a solid shooter but can't create his own shot. He scored a ton of points at Marquette by getting to the FT line. He's probably below level quick-wise for the 2 guard in the NBA, but he's good enough defensively to survive in the league.

Sounds a bit like Sefalosha with a better shot?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 08:07 AM)
Sefalosha is longer/more athletic. Butler has a much better ability to score.

Not to mention Sefalosha is one of the better 2 guard defenders in the league. Butler is more of a 3. Your right about his scoring ability though.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 09:08 AM)
Not to mention Sefalosha is one of the better 2 guard defenders in the league. Butler is more of a 3. Your right about his scoring ability though.

The Bulls routinely used Sefalosha at the 3 when they had him and he was effective defensively there. And that was with an empty seat as a head coach.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 08:11 AM)
The Bulls routinely used Sefalosha at the 3 when they had him and he was effective defensively there. And that was with an empty seat as a head coach.

Because he is very long and athletic as fathom alluded to. A quick, athletic defensive 2 guard can be very serviceable with guarding a 3. Might not have the bulk necessarily, but can be excellent in staying in front of his man (or to wait for weak side help) or be disruptive with his hands on the dribble.

Edited by SoxAce

Interesting that the Celtics took JJ and Moore. I don't see either as being NBA contributors. JJ is too skinny/weak and Moore is undersized, though he is very gifted offensively. If i'm the Celtics, I'm looking for tall athletic guys that can play 2-4.