2011-2012 OFFICIAL NBA LOCKOUT thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 12:08 PM)
Classic. Then don't talk out your ass about said topic! :lolhitting

I wish I could talk out of my ass, but the f***ing coffee+wings combination has put a steady brown waterfall cascading out of it for the past 3 hours.

Michael Jordan

My Dearest Laquette

How are you and your family doing, fine I hope. I am in my Adv. Chemistry class writing you a letter, so that tell you how much I care for you. I decide to write you because I felt that I made you look pretty rotten after the last night. I want to tell you that I am sorry, and hope that you except my apologie. I know that you feelings was hurt whenever I loss my necklace or had it stolen.

I was really happy when you gave me my honest coin money that I won off the bet. I want to thank you for letting me hold your annual. I show it to everyone at school. Everyone think you are a very pretty young lady and I had to agree because it is very true. Please don't let this go to your head. (smile) I sorry to say that I can't go to the game on my birthday because my father is taking the whole basketball team out to eat on my birthday. Please don't be mad because I am trying get down there a week from Feb. 14. If I do get the chance to come please have some activity for us to do together.

I want you to know that my feeling for you has not change yet. ← (joke) I am finally getting use to going with a girl much smaller than I. I hope you my hint. Well I have spent my time very wisely by write to you. I hope you write back soon. Well I must go, the period is almost over. See you next time around, which I hope comes soon.

With my Best Love

Michael J. Jordan

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont...?urn=nba-wp5843

Michael speak learned good.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 02:01 PM)
Michael Jordan

My Dearest Laquette

How are you and your family doing, fine I hope. I am in my Adv. Chemistry class writing you a letter, so that tell you how much I care for you. I decide to write you because I felt that I made you look pretty rotten after the last night. I want to tell you that I am sorry, and hope that you except my apologie. I know that you feelings was hurt whenever I loss my necklace or had it stolen.

I was really happy when you gave me my honest coin money that I won off the bet. I want to thank you for letting me hold your annual. I show it to everyone at school. Everyone think you are a very pretty young lady and I had to agree because it is very true. Please don't let this go to your head. (smile) I sorry to say that I can't go to the game on my birthday because my father is taking the whole basketball team out to eat on my birthday. Please don't be mad because I am trying get down there a week from Feb. 14. If I do get the chance to come please have some activity for us to do together.

I want you to know that my feeling for you has not change yet. ← (joke) I am finally getting use to going with a girl much smaller than I. I hope you my hint. Well I have spent my time very wisely by write to you. I hope you write back soon. Well I must go, the period is almost over. See you next time around, which I hope comes soon.

With my Best Love

Michael J. Jordan

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont...?urn=nba-wp5843

Michael speak learned good.

So MJ was in advanced chemistry, but never AP English. Big deal.

Edited by chw42

The Milwaukee Bucks borrowed 55 million from the NBA

The Milwaukee Bucks have borrowed around 55 million dollars to keep themselves afloat. This is not a team doing the wrong things, or just getting by, but a team that is trying to win and has paid out some big money contracts. Of course, their market is not a great one, and they barely missed the playoffs in the 2010-11 NBA season.

It does not really matter to me that United States Senator Herb Kohl owns them, because as I said they are trying to do things the right way, and being a Senator is just his day job. The Bucks ranked 23rd in NBA attendance last year and sold nearly 84% of their ticket inventory. Therefore, they still have some room to grow their market if they can convince their fans they are a legit contender. Making the NBA playoffs would also boost their revenues. I do not think that the Milwaukee market is tapped out basketball wise, but they are darn close to that.

If a team, going about its business in the proper fashion, is having this hard of a time turning a profit that is bad. Sure, the NBA has a fund for these kinds of things but let us not forget that they are operating the New Orleans Hornets out of their own pocket and a new owner must be found there. For me it is a clear sign that NBA contraction needs to be addressed and some teams to go away to make the remaining team that much stronger.

I have a very hard time saying they're doing things "in the proper fashion" when they ponied up roughly $25 million a year to Corey Maggette, John Salmons and Drew Gooden last year. Granted other teams have done worse, but those are not smart contracts.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 12:31 PM)
I have a very hard time saying they're doing things "in the proper fashion" when they ponied up roughly $25 million a year to Corey Maggette, John Salmons and Drew Gooden last year. Granted other teams have done worse, but those are not smart contracts.

What're you talking about! Famed BleacherReport writer Joshua Lobdell has called for contraction given his clear evidence! You can't go against a Joshua Lobdell opinion piece!

So, to pass lockout time I've made 4 teams on NBA 2k11.

Bulls (Dynasty Years)

C - Olajuwon, Ewing

PF - Malone, Kemp, Rodman

SF - Pippen, Wilkins, Barkley

SG - Jordan, Drexler

PG - Payton, Stockton

Celtics (Magic v. Bird Years)

C - Abdul Jabbar, Parish

PF - Malone, McHale

SF - Bird, Worthy

SG - Gervin, Erving, Dumars

PG - Johnson, Thomas, Johnson

Lakers (Post-Jordan)

C - Shaq, Mourning

PF - Duncan, Garnett, Nowitzki

SF - Hill, Pierce

SG - Kobe, Carter, Allen

PG - Kidd, Nash

Spurs (New Era)

C - Dwight, Gasol

PF - Amar'e, Bosh, Griffin

SF - LeBron, Durant

SG - Wade, Anthony (couldn't think of a SG over Melo)

PG - Rose, Paul, Williams

Each player plays 20 minutes a game, to keep things even.

It's fun to do when I feel sad over the lockout.

'Nique is currently killing the Celtics.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 12:02 PM)
If the season doesn't start, D-Will has signed a contract to play in Turkey

I'm sure we'll see a lot of guys doing this and they'll probably also have an opt-out clause up to a certain date as well. That's what most NHL players did several years back.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 11:02 AM)
If the season doesn't start, D-Will has signed a contract to play in Turkey

Interesting.

I'd like to see guys sign with the D-League just to mess with people.

But at the same time, if players start doing this I want to see Joakim sign in France, Lu in Britain, and Derrick with Real Madrid.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 12:43 PM)
Interesting.

I'd like to see guys sign with the D-League just to mess with people.

But at the same time, if players start doing this I want to see Joakim sign in France, Lu in Britain, and Derrick with Real Madrid.

Isn't the D-league shutdown with the lockout?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 02:03 PM)
Aren't most of the guys there on NBA deals that they send down there?

The AHL ran when the NHL was gone. A lot of young players on entry level deals even came down to play. And then as the season progressed some NHL vets even signed on.