2011-2012 OFFICIAL NBA LOCKOUT thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 28, 2011 -> 09:18 AM)
I'd imagine not being able to move it into 7/31/12 will have a lot to do with playing in the individual arenas, who may have booked other events for those times.

Have to make sure the dates for the big Beiber tour are open!@

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 28, 2011 -> 10:18 AM)
I'd imagine not being able to move it into 7/31/12 will have a lot to do with playing in the individual arenas, who may have booked other events for those times.

They'll have that same problem if they try to do a compressed schedule though...teams take road trips or maneuver around concerts during the season anyway. The Bulls Circus Trip is the classic example (although they may miss that portion of the season).

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 28, 2011 -> 09:25 AM)
They'll have that same problem if they try to do a compressed schedule though...teams take road trips or maneuver around concerts during the season anyway. The Bulls Circus Trip is the classic example (although they may miss that portion of the season).

Hockey season is the biggest problem during their regular season.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 28, 2011 -> 09:32 AM)
Hockey season is the biggest problem during their regular season.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 28, 2011 -> 09:33 AM)
You're right, I didn't even think of that one. That basically makes a compressed regular season nearly impossible I'd bet.

Wait a second. Did you guys just agree on something????

"And maybe if they add a couple of more superstars, I'd be interested in coaching them..."

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/...lp-derrick-rose

Phil Jackson said the Chicago Bulls overachieved last season, and he subscribes to the conventional thinking that the Bulls need to add pieces to help Derrick Rose.

"I think they overachieved last year as far as record and how they got to the spots they got to in the playoffs," Jackson said Thursday on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "They still have to have some steady shooters from the outside to complement the penetration they have, and then [Carlos Boozer has to have that post-up game that he was brought there to give them.

"They just can't be one-dimensional in that regard. They have to have those complementary pieces to assist Rose in his game."

The Bulls finished 62-20 to secure the No. 1 seed in the NBA. They advanced to the Eastern Conference finals before losing to the Miami Heat in five games.

Rose became the Bulls' first MVP since Michael Jordan played for Jackson's six championship teams in Chicago in the 1990s.

"He shows himself to be unstoppable, and that's a real tremendous year he had last year," said Jackson, who retired this year after winning five titles with the Los Angeles Lakers. "And the way [coach Tom Thibodeau] used him magnified that and made him such a difficult player to contest and contend with.

"But they still have to have some pieces around them."

Shooting guard Keith Bogans took the brunt of the criticism, although designated shooter Kyle Korver also struggled in the playoffs.

Per Rotoworld

In announcing the cancellation of all NBA games through November 30, commissioner David Stern said that there will not be a full 82-game season "under any circumstances."

The players' union drew a line at 52% of BRI, stalling talks even after significant progress was made on 'systems issues' such as amnesty clauses and the luxury tax. There are no scheduled negotiation sessions and NBPA president Derek Fisher has flown home, according to various sources, so the odds of a deal this weekend just tanked. The sides have inched closer and closer, however, and presumably there will be more talks early next week.

Both sides better do something soon once college hoops start NBA could be a after thought.