2011-2012 OFFICIAL NBA LOCKOUT thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 03:35 PM)
What happens if Cleveland takes Williams?

Then you know Kahn takes Irving. :lolhitting

I think the Williams route might be smarter for the Cavs. Then tehy can go and get a PG with the #4 pick. It probably won't be Irving, but Kemba Walker + Williams might be better than Irving + somebody else.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 09:42 PM)
Then you know Kahn takes Irving. :lolhitting

I think the Williams route might be smarter for the Cavs. Then tehy can go and get a PG with the #4 pick. It probably won't be Irving, but Kemba Walker + Williams might be better than Irving + somebody else.

Right.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 11:35 AM)
The Bulls won 62 games this year.

This isn't a team that needs a drastic set of changes.

They need improvement at 1 starting position. That's not a drastic change. A drastic change is what happened to the post 2007 Bulls.

This

A little more maturing and not relying on Boozer or Deng as your 2nd option and you're set to challenge South Beach Heat.

If youre looking pg at 4 youd probably take Brandon Knight over Kemba Walker.

But I dont think that Derrick Williams + Knight is better than Irving + Kanter, or whoever else they can get at 4.

Walker is to much Ben Gordon for me to rely on him as the pg, and hes just not built to be a SG.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 04:00 PM)
I'm pretty sure the Cavs want Irving and Kanter, I also doubt that Kanter will be there at 4 pretty sure he will go third. Not sure who they will snag in that fourth spot.

I would agree with this. Irving/Kanter is the best you could do in this draft without getting #1 and #2 IMO. I don't see Utah taking Kanter with two relatively similar players already on the roster in Jefferson and Millsap, so it seems doable. Solid point guards rule the league right now and big men that can score in the post are about as rare as Juan Pierre extra base hits.

Plus I think that Irving is easily the safest pick in this draft, he was spectacular when healthy even if he isn't an off the charts athlete. Williams was awesome too, but the SF or PF question is a big issue (he should probably be a 4).

Knight reminds me of OJ Mayo and I don't think Kemba really has a diverse enough skillset to be an above average starting point guard. He's fast, but fairly undersized, a volume scorer and not really a knockdown shooter. I wouldn't feel good paying #4 money to either of those guys and building my team around them.

Even if Kanter isn't there, I'd probably take a flier on one of the other Euro bigs and live with it. Supposedly Valanciunas has great upside but might not make it to the league this year because of a buyout (which lets you sort of tank for next year in a much stronger draft).

There's lots of speculation that the Bulls will take Nolan Smith with the 30th pick.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of that pick. I'd rather have Charles Jenkins if you want to go after a combo guard. I really like Justin Harper from Richmond, the guy can shoot and you can stick him at the 3 to backup Deng. Iman Shumpert could slip to 30 as well and he can push Watson as a backup PG.

I'd be fine with Harper/Shumpert or Harper/Jenkins, but picking Smith wouldn't be terrible.

JrSwish5 JR Smith

Did it already! RT @pduh10: @JrSwish5 I am going to try to get you sign with the Bulls on my NBA 2k11 association mode Lol

I'm not sure the Bulls want to sign him though. It's good to know signed with the Bulls virtually though. :)

Edited by chw42

Im hoping the Bulls draft Josh Selby and JuJuan Johnson(sp), I think those are about the best talent you can ask for that late in the draft. In the 2nd I'd be happy with DeAndre Liggins. JR Smith would be a pretty solid signing as well, not what most of us want but I think if he doesn't overshoot and whatnot would thrive here.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 05:28 PM)
Im hoping the Bulls draft Josh Selby and JuJuan Johnson(sp), I think those are about the best talent you can ask for that late in the draft. In the 2nd I'd be happy with DeAndre Liggins. JR Smith would be a pretty solid signing as well, not what most of us want but I think if he doesn't overshoot and whatnot would thrive here.

I'd be ecstatic if we got JJ.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 10:24 AM)
Some people around LA are talking about the Lakers and Minny trying to work out a trade involving Gasol. It has to be the most lopsided trade ever but I've heard some good NBA people on the radio commenting on it and they are indicating it has legs. Cowherd has been yapping about it this AM too.

Gasol for Love and the #2 pick. That is ridiculous.

It has no legs.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 05:33 PM)
I'd be ecstatic if we got JJ.

They have the Bulls taking Moore on ESPN in the second round. JJ would be alot better, actually a more polished Taj IMO.

I cant believe nobody has Lighty getting drafted. He's a very good defender and scorer, he will be a nice prize for someone after the draft.

QUOTE (Felix @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 08:35 AM)
It has no legs.

Do you think any of the deals proposed have legs Felix?

The one which to me makes the most sense for Minny is probably Marcin Gortat plus 13 for 2, although Gortat needs a good pick and roll PG to be effective.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 04:48 PM)
The Lakers would never do that. They've refused to part with Bynum for guys like KG and Melo. Isn't Bynum, like, 22 or 23? He's one of the few 'true' centers left in the game.

Right. Plus the #2 of this draft is just not that exciting.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 10:52 AM)
Right. Plus the #2 of this draft is just not that exciting.

Derrick Williams is a nice prospect though. But he might just end up being Lamar Odom, who the Lakers already have.

But yeah, this year's draft class after the first 4 picks is pretty dry.

Bynum's a walking injury at the ripe old age of 23. I can't imagine how poorly he's going to age. And he's a dickhead to boot. The Lakers should get rid of him. You don't need a true center to win in this league anymore. Not that I would deal him straight up for the 2, but I'd definitely deal him.

Edited by sircaffey