2011-2012 OFFICIAL NBA LOCKOUT thread

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 10:17 PM)
I agree. Beasley's an inefficient chucker though.

I'm all for ditching Beasley. Between an offensive game that isn't all that good, a defense that is abysmal and a flaky personality, I'd love to trade him and move on. Not sure that Kahn sees it the same way, however.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Felix @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 10:23 PM)
I'm all for ditching Beasley. Between an offensive game that isn't all that good, a defense that is abysmal and a flaky personality, I'd love to trade him and move on. Not sure that Kahn sees it the same way, however.

He did get him for nothing. Maybe that's his prized acquisition that he really wants to pan out.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 10:27 PM)
He did get him for nothing. Maybe that's his prized acquisition that he really wants to pan out.

That's basically how I think he's looking at it. It's a shame though, because even if he flipped Beasley for a role player or two, it'd be a net gain for the team and still a very good move. Oh well..

Really, I think Beasley could be a fine scoring option coming off the bench with a second unit, but I don't think he'd ever accept that role.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 11:47 PM)
If we're keeping all 3 picks, my preference would be:

Justin Harper 28

Shelvin Mack/Nolan Smith/Josh Selby 30

Keith Benson/JaJuan Johnson 43

JaJuan Johnson's not going to drop to 43. Smith and Mack have a better chance of dropping that low.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 11:52 PM)
I'm not a Bulls fan. I'm not an NBA fan either, but my family's obsessed, so I watch my fair share of games.

The Bulls should go: Norris Cole, Charles Jenkins, and Travis Leslie. All small school scorers.

I know the Bulls need a SG, but that's overloading on guards. You gotta take at least one SF/PF like Johnson or Harper.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 11:52 PM)
I'm not a Bulls fan. I'm not an NBA fan either, but my family's obsessed, so I watch my fair share of games.

The Bulls should go: Norris Cole, Charles Jenkins, and Travis Leslie. All small school scorers.

Georgia is a small school?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 11:57 PM)
JaJuan Johnson's not going to drop to 43. Smith and Mack have a better chance of dropping that low.

There's a chance, but not a real good one. That's why I have Keith Benson ahead of him, as I got to see him play a lot, and at one point, people were lauding him as a lottery pick. Really underrated center.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 11:58 PM)
I know the Bulls need a SG, but that's overloading on guards. You gotta take at least one SF/PF like Johnson or Harper.

I agree. I'd REALLY love Harper and Mack/Smith in the 1st round. Harper gives you a SF who has all the tools and can actually give Lu Deng some rest. I like his versatility and potential on the Bulls 2nd unit. Ditto with Mack or Smith. Guys who can score but also handle the ball as well.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 09:00 AM)
I wonder if there is any chance the Bulls can package somehow and move up? There hasn't been any buzz from them.

Everything that has leaked has said the Bulls will probably stand pat and try to save money/load up the back side of their roster.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 08:00 AM)
I wonder if there is any chance the Bulls can package somehow and move up? There hasn't been any buzz from them.

I think they have tried to move up, but no one is biting (yet).

My realistic draft:

28 = Nikola Mirotic, combo forward from Montenegro

30 = JaJuan Johnson, Purdue

43 = Malcolm Lee, combo guard from UCLA

Since we don't need our players to get a lot of minutes right away, I would really like to see them take a international player and stash him away for awhile. This Mirotic guy has All-Star talent, just is young and you won't see an ROI on him for three years ish. Johnson seems like Taj 2.0. Real smart, plays defense, shoots well, works hard, just a little thin. And Lee would be a nice reserve guard who can play defense and handle the point if you want Rose to play off the ball.

I would love Brooks, but no way he is there anymore.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 10:15 AM)
I think they have tried to move up, but no one is biting (yet).

My realistic draft:

28 = Nikola Mirotic, combo forward from Montenegro

30 = JaJuan Johnson, Purdue

43 = Malcolm Lee, combo guard from UCLA

Since we don't need our players to get a lot of minutes right away, I would really like to see them take a international player and stash him away for awhile. This Mirotic guy has All-Star talent, just is young and you won't see an ROI on him for three years ish. Johnson seems like Taj 2.0. Real smart, plays defense, shoots well, works hard, just a little thin. And Lee would be a nice reserve guard who can play defense and handle the point if you want Rose to play off the ball.

I would love Brooks, but no way he is there anymore.

Malcolm Lee is interesting. UCLA tends to produce a lot of good NBA players.

I'd be satisfied with Lee and Johnson.

I'm not a fan of international picks, but the Bulls seem like they're keen on taking a player they can stash away. I'd much rather have them do that with the 43rd pick though.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 10:18 AM)
I would be estatic if the Bulls were to get Johnson there.

He's projected to go early 2nd. As long as the Bulls use one of their first two picks to get him, they'll be fine.

You'd have to think there's no way the Bulls draft three players who will all be on the roster this upcoming season so an international pick is extremely likely if we keep all three picks. I'd say most likely at 43 but you never know.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 10:25 AM)
You'd have to think there's no way the Bulls draft three players who will all be on the roster this upcoming season so an international pick is extremely likely if we keep all three picks. I'd say most likely at 43 but you never know.

According to all the draft gurus, the international talent drops precipitously after this Mirotic. So that's why I would grab him at 28. In the second round, there really may not be any legitimate international players left. But your right, no way we draft three and have three dress this year.

Edited by maggsmaggs

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/06/23/bul...quettes-butler/

CHICAGO (WSCR) Three of the Bulls most important players were drafted over the last four years: Joakim Noah, Derrick Rose, and Taj Gibson. With two picks at the end of Thursday night’s first round, the Bulls look to add another piece to a title contending team.

In his most recent mock draft, Hoopsworld.com editor Steve Kyler has the Bulls selecting Davis Bertans from Latvia and Marquette’s Jimmy Butler.

“Davis Bertans would be more of a deferment,” Kyler said on the Mully and Hanley Show. “Everything that I’m hearing out of the Bulls is that they’ll come out of this draft with one player. Whether that mean they’re going to sell off a pick or whether they’re going to double those picks up and move up a few spots, or take a European guy that’s going to be a year or two out.

“Davis Bertans, everyone wants to compare him to Dirk Nowitzki, he’s a big, 6’10″ shooter. You know, he has a very good offensive game. He’s not much of a defender, you know, we don’t see a lot of great defensive players coming out of international basketball. But Davis Bertans is a player a lot of teams have interest in. And I think if the players start to come off the board in a different order, you could see him going a little higher, just simply becuase he’s going to be a very nice deferred pick.”

Kyler compares Bertans’ situation to current Bulls center Omer Asik. Asik was drafted with the 36th overall pick in the 2008 draft, but stayed with his Euroleague team, Fenerbahce Ulker of Istanbul, until coming over for last season. Instead of coming to the NBA right away and having to spend time on the bench, Asik was able to contribute in his first season.

“I developed a man-crush on Jimmy Butler after spending a few days with him,” Kyler said. “He’s everything you want in a player: He has a great attitude, he’s very very coachable, loves to play defense, can hit the three-ball with amazing precision. He was part of the Chicago draft combine, told me he shot 68% there. You know, he’s a guy that just really loves to play. He has such an amazing story too. But, you know, just from a basketball perspective, he is exactly the kind of player coach Thibodeau would love to have, becuase he’s very versatile, he can play a number of spots and he loves to play defense.”

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 10:31 AM)
According to all the draft gurus, the international talent drops precipitously after this Mirotic. So that's why I would grab him at 28. In the second round, there really may not be any legitimate international players left. But your right, no way we draft three and have three dress this year.

A guy I've seen them linked to a decent amount at 43 is Bojan Bogdanovic, don't really know s*** about him as international 2nd round prospects don't intrigue me all that much.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 10:35 AM)
A guy I've seen them linked to a decent amount at 43 is Bojan Bogdanovic, don't really know s*** about him as international 2nd round prospects don't intrigue me all that much.

Bogdanovic is a very good shooter. Although he might want to jump onto an NBA team right away.

I've heard that he's a pretty clutch offensive player, but is pretty poor defensively.

QUOTE (Felix @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 10:23 PM)

I'm still so glad Kahn jumped all over Beasley to help Miami snag an extra stud.