2011-2012 OFFICIAL NBA LOCKOUT thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 11:37 AM)
Bogdanovic is a very good shooter. Although he might want to jump onto an NBA team right away.

I've heard that he's a pretty clutch offensive player, but is pretty poor defensively.

If he's smart, he's expecting that an immediate NBA jump will be difficult because of the lack of NBA.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 12:26 PM)
Maybe to you Georgia screams basketball, but it doesn't to me.

I never said it screams basketball, but it's certainly not a small school. I think everyone could agree on that.

I'd really like to see the Bulls trade up to the 17-20 pick and nab Kenneth Faried, looks like a Ben Wallace-type of player that could become a beast under Thibs' coaching. If we keep the picks I'd go with Chandler Parsons, not flashy but a solid basketball player that I think could contribute off the bench right away, and a Euro prospect that can season overseas for a couple more years. Mirotic and Bertrans are my top picks but wouldn't be disappointed with Bogdanovich either.

There's a GSW, Lakers, Bulls trade rumor flying around.

It would involve Noah, Odom, Ellis, and some draft picks.

I don't know anymore specifics, but what might have been discussed is the Bulls getting Odom and the draft pick, which they can trade for a SG.

Question is, who the hell plays C?

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 02:18 PM)
There's a GSW, Lakers, Bulls trade rumor flying around.

It would involve Noah, Odom, Ellis, and some draft picks.

I don't know anymore specifics, but what might have been discussed is the Bulls getting Odom and the draft pick, which they can trade for a SG.

Question is, who the hell plays C?

Howard (a man can dream, cant he?)

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 02:21 PM)
Howard (a man can dream, cant he?)

Now that I think about, what I just posted made no sense. If a trade like that were to happen, the Bulls would definitely get Ellis. Odom goes to GSW to play the 3.

The problem is that the Bulls were reluctant to move Noah for Carmello before, why change that stance for Monta Ellis?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 02:24 PM)
Now that I think about, what I just posted made no sense. If a trade like that were to happen, the Bulls would definitely get Ellis. Odom goes to GSW to play the 3.

The problem is that the Bulls were reluctant to move Noah for Carmello before, why change that stance for Monta Ellis?

They playoffs showed that you didnt NEED Noah, but you NEED a second scorer.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 02:24 PM)

You can pretty much discount any rumor involving the Bulls. They just don't make trades for stars.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 02:29 PM)
You can pretty much discount any rumor involving the Bulls. They just don't make trades for stars.

Jalen Rose says salutations.

I hope green isn't required here.

Wouldnt trade Noah for Melo, Bosh, etc, but now will trade for Ellis.

That seems to be inconsistent.

Now maybe if the Lakers are moving Gasol for the 2 and giving that to the Bulls as well, then the Bulls could draft kanter and have what would be referred as the Turkish Towers, plus getting Ellis.

I just dont think Ellis for Noah is a great return on investment.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 02:32 PM)
Wouldnt trade Noah for Melo, Bosh, etc, but now will trade for Ellis.

That seems to be inconsistent.

Now maybe if the Lakers are moving Gasol for the 2 and giving that to the Bulls as well, then the Bulls could draft kanter and have what would be referred as the Turkish Towers, plus getting Ellis.

I just dont think Ellis for Noah is a great return on investment.

I like how ROI has become a very common term on this forum since that thread about Rongey and Juan Pierre's ROI.

But yeah, I don't like Noah for Ellis.

I never even read the thread about Rongey and Pierre, and I dont think Im using return on investment the same way.

The way Im using it (to steal from Simmons dollar/coin which is simplistic but works for this) is that last year the Bulls valued Noah as a $1, he then was injured didnt perform well, and we immediately want to get .$.50 for him? That just doesnt make sense.

(Edit)

I assume that the Rongey/Pierre thread was about how the Sox paid Pierre so they need to get a return on that money. The problem with that argument is that you can get a better return by playing another player, so therefore you actually get a better return on your investment by JP sitting on the bench, then by JP playing.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Bruce_Blixton @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 02:02 PM)
I'd really like to see the Bulls trade up to the 17-20 pick and nab Kenneth Faried, looks like a Ben Wallace-type of player that could become a beast under Thibs' coaching. If we keep the picks I'd go with Chandler Parsons, not flashy but a solid basketball player that I think could contribute off the bench right away, and a Euro prospect that can season overseas for a couple more years. Mirotic and Bertrans are my top picks but wouldn't be disappointed with Bogdanovich either.

Ewwww, Faried.