2011-2012 OFFICIAL NBA LOCKOUT thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 02:49 PM)
Not sure about the Noah/Ellis thing. I like Ellis, but he isn't a perfect fit on the Bulls whatsoever, and losing Noah would hurt a lot.

There is no perfect fit at the SG outside of Kobe Bryant. But Ellis would more than suffice for me. But not at the cost of Noah. I don't put much stock in this rumor.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 03:49 PM)
Not sure about the Noah/Ellis thing. I like Ellis, but he isn't a perfect fit on the Bulls whatsoever, and losing Noah would hurt a lot.

My problem is...we already lost Noah for about 2/3 of the season.

He was absolutely dominant that first month. We'd have been screwed on the circus trip without him. After that hand injury, his dominant games were at best few and far between. I mean, we benched him down the stretch against the Heat repeatedly...and he deserved to be benched.

The Noah post-injury is moderately effective, sometimes. The Noah pre injury was constantly a beast. The post injury Noah I'd happily trade. The pre injury Noah, I'd give up if I were getting Howard back.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 02:55 PM)
What?

People keep looking for the perfect 2-guard. Let's face it: after Wade and Kobe, the position is not that strong. You've got scorers who can't defend and vice versa. I'd rather have a scorer and hope that under TT and his system that they can become average defenders (think Ray Allen, Paul Pierce or even Luol Deng) than another year of Keith Bogans and his 6 PPG or another offensively-challenged SG.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 03:01 PM)
People keep looking for the perfect 2-guard. Let's face it: after Wade and Kobe, the position is not that strong. You've got scorers who can't defend and vice versa. I'd rather have a scorer and hope that under TT and his system that they can become average defenders (think Ray Allen, Paul Pierce or even Luol Deng) than another year of Keith Bogans and his 6 PPG or another offensively-challenged SG.

Very true, and there is only like one true 2 guard coming out in the draft. Not an easy position to fill.

DraftExpress Jonathan Givony

Teams calling Sacramento about the #7 pick are being told it's already been moved. Problem is, no one knows to who, or for which player.

Maybe to the Spurs?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 03:06 PM)
Just goes to show you the consensus when it comes to how this draft is viewed. Easily the weakest since 2000.

Beasley could also be in the deal.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 03:20 PM)
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski

Milwaukee has a three-way deal with Charlotte and Sacramento, sources say.

Stephen Jackson is going to Milwaukee.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 03:01 PM)

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 03:07 PM)
Very true, and there is only like one true 2 guard coming out in the draft. Not an easy position to fill.

No one is saying we need a superstar SG to improve the team. There are a lot of guys who would be perfect fits with the Bulls. Arron Afflalo, for example, is a PERFECT fit.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 03:25 PM)
No one is saying we need a superstar SG to improve the team. There are a lot of guys who would be perfect fits with the Bulls. Arron Afflalo, for example, is a PERFECT fit.

Isn't Denver trying to lock him up? And I want to shoot higher than Afflalo. Rose/Ellis would be the most explosive/dynamic backcourt in the league.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 03:29 PM)
Isn't Denver trying to lock him up? And I want to shoot higher than Afflalo. Rose/Ellis would be the most explosive/dynamic backcourt in the league.

They would also give up 60 points a game.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 03:29 PM)

Go back a number of pages and read Zoom's post about why Ellis isn't a great fit. He said it better than anyone else could. The NBA isn't all about scoring. Would I like it if we could get Ellis? Yes. Would it be optimal? No. But it also depends on the price.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 03:29 PM)
They would also give up 60 points a game.

Exactly.

Various Tweets:

Source confirms #Bucks have deal in place to acquire No. 7 from Sacramento in trade that also includes Charlotte. Details coming soon.

The Bucks get Stephen Jackson, Shaun Livingston, sources say. Charlotte gets the 7th pick and Corey Maggette.

Milwaukee's 10th overall pick goes to the Kings, source says.

Hearing Bobcats-Bucks-Kings deal includes Bucks get Beno Udrih and the No. 9 and 19 picks Bobcats.

The Bobcats get No. 7 pick from Sac. & Maggette. Kings will get John Salmons and the No. 10 pick.

Bucks will also get Stephen Jackson