19th pick from from CHA

Bobcats get:

7th pick from SAC

Corey Maggette

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 03:29 PM)
They would also give up 60 points a game.

And images of the Heat locking up the Bulls predictable (lack of creators offensively) offense are still dancing around in my head. Ask yourself this question: did you foresee the Bulls being the #1 defense in the NBA before this past season? If yes, you're a genius. But I'll assume you didn't. Defense is half, or maybe even more than half, effort. Offensive ability is actual talent. Give me talent over effort in this case.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 03:38 PM)
I'm not really getting this trade from SAC's perspective. They give up Udrih, get Salmons. They give up 7, get 10. WTF.

Salmons is still a solid player.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 03:39 PM)
Charlotte keeps the 9th pick. Nicely done MJ.

No doubt, they can take one of Kemba/Jimmer and not be screwed in the likely case that he doesn't pan out, then play it safe with the other pick.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 03:36 PM)
And images of the Heat locking up the Bulls predictable (lack of creators offensively) offense are still dancing around in my head. Ask yourself this question: did you foresee the Bulls being the #1 defense in the NBA before this past season? If yes, you're a genius. But I'll assume you didn't. Defense is half, or maybe even more than half, effort. Offensive ability is actual talent. Give me talent over effort in this case.

The way to catch the Heat is not to try to put together two volume scorers that aren't as good as Lebron and Wade. There just aren't two guys in the league that can out-gun them. The way to beat them is to Try to keep them out of the paint and to make shots. The Bulls did the former but not the latter before and Ellis isn't going to help that. He's just another guy that needs 20 shots to score 25 points that will miss a lot of jumpers.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 03:44 PM)
So the Bucks now have Udrih, Livingston, Jennings, Boykins, and Dooling. Makes the TWolves and mid-2000's Knicks looks like they lack PG's.

They're probably going to trade one of them. Or two.

Edited by chw42

Interesting to see who Charlotte will be picking at 7 and 9. You figure Augustin is a shoe-in to start at PG. The rest of your lineup, right now, is Henderson, Magette, Thomas and Przybilla. Maybe Kemba and Kawhi Leonard? Maybe Kemba and Biyombo? Valenciunas?

Perfectly said: Kings got older, worse, more expensive AND downgraded their draft pick in one trade. Impressive.

People saying they expect to pick Jimmer at 10 now. That would be hilarious.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 03:53 PM)
Interesting to see who Charlotte will be picking at 7 and 9. You figure Augustin is a shoe-in to start at PG. The rest of your lineup, right now, is Henderson, Magette, Thomas and Przybilla. Maybe Kemba and Kawhi Leonard? Maybe Kemba and Biyombo? Valenciunas?

Apparently one of those will be Tristan Smith at 7.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 05:01 PM)
Whoa, they might swap the 10th/Salmons to SA for Parker and Jefferson.

That might be the biggest instant downgrade for a #1 seed in history. (The 98 Bulls werent' a 1 seed were they?)

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 04:01 PM)
Whoa, they might swap the 10th/Salmons to SA for Parker and Jefferson.

That's CRAZY. Tyreke Evans better be in that deal or San Antonio fans should just stop caring.