2011-2012 OFFICIAL NBA LOCKOUT thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 04:03 PM)
That's CRAZY. Tyreke Evans better be in that deal or San Antonio fans should just stop caring.

That'd be a hell of a coup for Sacramento though. Parker/Evans/Jefferson/Casspi/Cousins.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 04:08 PM)
That'd be a hell of a coup for Sacramento though. Parker/Evans/Jefferson/Casspi/Cousins.

I don't see how San Antonio can agree on that deal. Parker's contract is a bit hefty, but it's not insane.

KBerg_CBS Ken Berger

Word among execs is the Bobcats have moved up to 7 to select Bismack Biyombo.

Tonight is going to be zany. No one has any idea if these players are any good and execs are just throwing s*** around...

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 04:14 PM)
KBerg_CBS Ken Berger

Word among execs is the Bobcats have moved up to 7 to select Bismack Biyombo.

Tonight is going to be zany. No one has any idea if these players are any good and execs are just throwing s*** around...

Biyombo is going to be a defensive force, that is pretty certain. His absolute worst case scenario is Joel Anthony, IMO.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 04:18 PM)
Biyombo is going to be a defensive force, that is pretty certain. His absolute worst case scenario is Joel Anthony, IMO.

That's real bad.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 04:18 PM)

Well, now we know Jordan thinks he'll be great... so he's likely going to be an epic fail.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 04:19 PM)
That's real bad.

That's really not that bad. If that's his absolute basement, you could do a whole lot worse. I think he'll be considerably better. I watched him play in some World vs US prospect game or something a while back, and he dominated the paint against other guys who will be draft picks. He's got a Marcus Camby/Theo Ratliff ceiling.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 04:26 PM)
That's really not that bad. If that's his absolute basement, you could do a whole lot worse. I think he'll be considerably better. I watched him play in some World vs US prospect game or something a while back, and he dominated the paint against other guys who will be draft picks. He's got a Marcus Camby/Theo Ratliff ceiling.

Anthony is pretty damn bad. Even the super-shallow Heat don't play him for 20 minutes per game. The only reason he's a remotely viable option for them is because they have two elite scorers and another solid one.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 04:32 PM)
Anthony is pretty damn bad. Even the super-shallow Heat don't play him for 20 minutes per game. The only reason he's a remotely viable option for them is because they have two elite scorers and another solid one.

I was talking from a purely defensive standpoint.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 04:35 PM)
Well I don't think anyone projects Biyombo to be worth a s*** offensively.

It was one of the first names to come to my mind. He's going to be a good defender (which Anthony is), period.

Draft Express has his basement as Taj Gibson and ceiling as 6'9 Dwight Howard. So there's that...

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 04:40 PM)
It was one of the first names to come to my mind. He's going to be a good defender (which Anthony is), period.

Draft Express has his basement as Taj Gibson and ceiling as 6'9 Dwight Howard. So there's that...

oh lawd, better take that to heart

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 05:40 PM)

I assume that means my ceiling is a 5'10" Dwight Howard?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 04:46 PM)
My ceiling is a 6'1" Jordan. My floor, basketball-wise, is a 6'1" Steve Harnden.

I'm the same height as Jordan, so does that make my ceiling Jordan? I'd say floor - Eddie Jones.