2011-2012 OFFICIAL NBA LOCKOUT thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 04:49 PM)
Is Biyombo as good as Gibson right now?

Yes, but he actually works at the craft he's projected to be in... for you, your floor is Chris Berman and your ceiling is John Rooney.

(my least fav to my most fav)

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 04:52 PM)
Yes, but he actually works at the craft he's projected to be in... for you, your floor is Chris Berman and your ceiling is John Rooney.

(my least fav to my most fav)

I'll take the pay of either one of those guys.

You know, if I was Cleveland, I'd do anything possible to move up (or trade for) the 2nd pick. Get Kyrie and Williams or Kanter and you're on your way, very quickly, to rebuilding your franchise.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 05:21 PM)
Or just do the smart thing and take Williams one and Knight at 4.

That makes the most sense (IMO) if they are to keep 1 and 4. I'm one of the majority who thinks that Williams is the best, and will be the best player of this draft. And you're getting, maybe, a slight downgrade from Irving at 4 in Knight. If I'm the GM of the Cavs, that's what I'd do.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 11:24 PM)
That makes the most sense (IMO) if they are to keep 1 and 4. I'm one of the majority who thinks that Williams is the best, and will be the best player of this draft. And you're getting, maybe, a slight downgrade from Irving at 4 in Knight. If I'm the GM of the Cavs, that's what I'd do.

Agreed.

No way can you take that risk.

The best player in the draft is Irving. After Irving you have different concerns about the next 3 guys, Williams (what position), Kanter (never played NCAA, general question marks), Knight/Walker.

If Im the Cavs, I absolutely take Irving and then I see what happens.

Derrick Williams was good, but as Ive said before, he also got really hot at the right time. Im not sure that he can shoot as well as he did in the tournament over the course of a season and the NBA three line is going to test his outside game.

Man, I really hope we can pull off a deal for Mayo. He'd take some ballhandling pressure off Rose and he'd be great running in transition with Rose and Deng. Not to mention his contract and age are a fit.

It makes sense to draft Irving as best player available, but Cleveland has the albatross that is Baron Davis' contract around their neck. Unless either of them can play shooting guard, Williams at #1 is a smarter move based on need. I'd be shopping that #4 in a trade down attempt after that and try to get multiple players.

Williams and Kanter will both be gone by #4.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 05:50 PM)
It makes sense to draft Irving as best player available, but Cleveland has the albatross that is Baron Davis' contract around their neck. Unless either of them can play shooting guard, Williams at #1 is a smarter move based on need. I'd be shopping that #4 in a trade down attempt after that and try to get multiple players.

Williams and Kanter will both be gone by #4.

That's id you think Irving is the best player available, which many don't.

Prior to his injury Kyrie was well on his way to being the easy #1. 17 pts ppg, 90% ft, 52% fg and 46% from 3.

Williams on the other hand just massively concerns me. The guy shot 25% from 3 as a frosh and then shoots 57% as a soph? Granted he only shot 16 in his first year, but I just think there are more questions than Irving.

Cleveland isnt going to be good before Baron Davis is gone. I dont even enter him in the equation. In my opinion Irving is the best player in the draft, and you take him with the first pick. Itd be one thing if they had Rose or CPIII, but Baron Davis isnt blocking Irving.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 06:02 PM)
Id really have to question anyone who doesnt think Irving is the best player in the draft. Prior to his injury the guy was well on his way to being the easy #1. 17 pts ppg, 90% ft, 52% fg and 46% from 3.

Williams on the other hand just massively concerns me. The guy shot 25% from 3 as a frosh and then shoots 57% as a soph? Granted he only shot 16 in his first year, but I just think there are more questions than Irving.

Cleveland isnt going to be good before Baron Davis is gone. I dont even enter him in the equation. In my opinion Irving is the best player in the draft, and you take him with the first pick. Itd be one thing if they had Rose or CPIII, but Baron Davis isnt blocking Irving.

Its a question of a guy who played well late compared to a guy who played 11 games.

Williams + Knight > Irving + whatever

And I'm not concerned about Davis blockign anybody. You have to start your top picks and let them learn.

I think im a bigger fan of Knight than most, but I really believe Irving is the guy who is most likely to become an All-Star in the draft. After him Id say Williams, and after that it becomes pretty hit or miss.

My philosophy would be that you take the best player, and go from there. What if they take Williams, Knight goes 3, now youve got Williams and the choice of Kanter/Walker?

I think there is a pretty good chance that you can get irving and Kanter, which could net you the 2 best players. So Id rather take the sure thing and see what happens with 4.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 06:09 PM)
I think im a bigger fan of Knight than most, but I really believe Irving is the guy who is most likely to become an All-Star in the draft. After him Id say Williams, and after that it becomes pretty hit or miss.

My philosophy would be that you take the best player, and go from there. What if they take Williams, Knight goes 3, now youve got Williams and the choice of Kanter/Walker?

I think there is a pretty good chance that you can get irving and Kanter, which could net you the 2 best players. So Id rather take the sure thing and see what happens with 4.

Again, you're assuming Irving is the best player in this draft. A lot of people think it is Williams, including myself. So I can make the exact same post and substitute Williams' name for Irvings.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 06:09 PM)

Another thing. Minnesota isn't taking Irving 2nd. So you FOR SURE will have your pick of Irving/Knight/Kanter 4th.

Obviously everyone is entitled to their opinion, I think Williams could be a good player, I just think that Irving is a better player.

And if Irving is at 2, Minnesota deals that pick and some one takes him. The reason Minnesota cant move the #2 is that there isnt as much interest in Williams (at least imo).

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 06:19 PM)
Obviously everyone is entitled to their opinion, I think Williams could be a good player, I just think that Irving is a better player.

And if Irving is at 2, Minnesota deals that pick and some one takes him. The reason Minnesota cant move the #2 is that there isnt as much interest in Williams (at least imo).

Or it could be because Minnesota has silly demands for that pick, imo.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 07:19 PM)
Lastly, I don't know if this was posted, but it's being widely reported that Ron Artest is going to change his name officially to World Peace. No joke.

I hope that he doesn't plan to go out on a fishing boat in the ocean with his brother any time soon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bison_Dele

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 06:02 PM)
Prior to his injury Kyrie was well on his way to being the easy #1. 17 pts ppg, 90% ft, 52% fg and 46% from 3.

You're not scouting college players just based on statistics.