2011-2012 OFFICIAL NBA LOCKOUT thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 06:50 PM)
Love the pick, Utah.

They already have Jefferson, Favors, Millisap, and Okur. They will probably end up trading one of them.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 06:51 PM)
They already have Jefferson, Favors, Millisap, and Okur. They will probably end up trading one of them.

Definitely trade one or two of them. Take the best player available and out of the players being talked about at 3, it's Enes imo.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 06:51 PM)
See. Should have gone Williams and Knight. Looks like CLE goes Valanciunas now.

The thing about Irving is that he really could be a CP3 type PG. They're very hard find. There's a lot of other Derrick Williams out there.

The all-in move is to take Williams and then Knight, but the safe pick is Irving.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 06:52 PM)
Definitely trade one or two of them. Take the best player available and it's Enes imo.

I wouldn't go that far. If I'm Utah, I like Jefferson/Kanter pairing up for the long-run.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 06:53 PM)
The thing about Irving is that he really could be a CP3 type PG. They're very hard find. There's a lot of other Derrick Williams out there.

The all-in move is to take Williams and then Knight, but the safe pick is Irving.

You just lost Lebron James and the future of your organization is, well, there is no future. You go all-in and hope for the best. What exactly is the worst that could happen?

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 07:54 PM)
I wouldn't go that far. If I'm Utah, I like Jefferson/Kanter pairing up for the long-run.

They may also need to move one of those other guys' contracts to get under the cap next year or after.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 07:55 PM)
You just lost Lebron James and the future of your organization is, well, there is no future. You go all-in and hope for the best. What exactly is the worst that could happen?

If nothing else, they're a better team than they were last year opening day.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 06:53 PM)

Well, if you're in Cleveland's situation it's pretty dumb to go safe. That being said, if they think he's the best player available then you obviously take him, I hope for their sake they didn't take him because they thought he was a safe pick.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 06:55 PM)

Brandon Knight and Williams are great athletes, but they are also tweeners. Knight is not a natural PG. He's a SG in a PG's body. Williams is a 6'8 240 pound PF that wants to play SF.

Irving and Kanter have clearly defined positions and tremendous skillsets for those positions.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 12:55 AM)

Pretty much. I mean, Kyrie Irving? Does anyone really see him carrying a franchise?

Derrick Williams is still a very safe pick, so questioning him has no merit. What position will he play? Why does it matter? He's got skills to play both at a high level, namely at the offensive end. He can be an elite scorer, seems like the Cavs could use that right about now.