2011-2012 OFFICIAL NBA LOCKOUT thread

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 08:05 PM)
Basically every draft is mostly role players.

There are something like 200 NCAA teams, so about 1000 players start. In the NBA there are 150 starters, its pretty damn hard to break in.

The only superstar I see is Irving. Williams has all-star potential. The rest are roleplayers. I'm no expert scout. That's just the way I see it.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, Im just saying that when you look back at most drafts there arent many superstars in the same class. More than anything there is just not as much hype because you dont have High School players. Now NBA teams draft foreign players like High Schoolers, they dont see them play so they assume they must be good.

I think this draft outside of Williams/Irving doesnt have clear cut stars, but it has a lot of depth and interesting guys.

Shumpert is seemingly a reach at this pick, but this draft is a lot of gambling.

What I know is that Wisconsin was the first team to offer him and Bo Ryan really wanted him (great defense, high quality player etc).

So could be a good fit for the knicks because Melo/Amare will take most of the shots.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 08:42 PM)
I dont think Smith is a terrible pick as he should be solid. At this point in the draft its whoever you like more.

He was a dynamite college player. But he's not quick enough to get by PG's and at 6'2 isn't going to be lighting the world on fire at SG. At best I think he's a career reserve that could add some offense.

Ha I was telling Zoom that Hamilton would be an interesting pick for the Bulls, but at that point I thought theyd have to trade both firsts.

And I cant believe a guy like Faried is taken over Jujuan Johnson. JJ is 6'10 has a decent midrange game, yet you take the 6'7 guy who works hard?