2011-2012 OFFICIAL NBA LOCKOUT thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 08:55 PM)
So there's a very good chance that the Bulls pick a player they'll keep at 30. Harper, Brooks, Mack, Selby, Johnson, Butler, Hamilton, Cole, Leslie, Jenkins all possibilities.

I can't believe Brooks is still available.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 08:55 PM)
What was traded for 23?? Do we still have another pick for a f***ing SG?

30th pick. Although I would have loved for the Bulls to use 23 on Marshon Brooks.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 08:55 PM)
What was traded for 23?? Do we still have another pick for a f***ing SG?

28, 43 and cash. Yes. Relax. The SG we pick at 28 or 30 wasn't going to be a impact player anyway.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 08:57 PM)
Yeah, why did they not just take a team need in Brooks?

I don't know. I guess they loved Mirotic that much.

The Bulls' window isn't exactly large, it would have been much smarter to take a more impact player like Brooks with the 23rd. Just hope he's there at 30.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 08:57 PM)

Bulls are deep, so they packaged some assets for a possible elite talent down the line. I think it was a good move, even with some talented SG's available. They might end up with Hamilton anyways at 30.

Edited by Palehosefan

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 09:57 PM)

Presumably they really liked this guy and really wanted te roster spot to play the market later.

I will never get mad again for how a post20 pick is used.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 09:58 PM)
I don't know. I guess they loved Mirotic that much.

The Bulls' window isn't exactly large, it would have been much smarter to take a more impact player like Brooks with the 23rd. Just hope he's there at 30.

With a pg who should have just finished college, their window could be quite long. But if not, a rookie 23rd pick who plays 7 min a game won't change things that much.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 09:00 PM)
With a pg who should have just finished college, their window could be quite long. But if not, a rookie 23rd pick who plays 7 min a game won't change things that much.

Didn't half the people in this thread crown the Heat as perennial champs for the next 5 years about a month ago?

What can you gentlemen tell me about this guy the Bulls got? I like the idea of getting a potential future asset but no nothing about him.

Too bad Hamilton just went off the board. Would have been pretty darn nice value at 30.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 09:03 PM)
What can you gentlemen tell me about this guy the Bulls got? I like the idea of getting a potential future asset but no nothing about him.

Too bad Hamilton just went off the board. Would have been pretty darn nice value at 30.

I hear he's got a Dirk-like game.