2011-2012 OFFICIAL NBA LOCKOUT thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hamilton is a great talent, no idea how he slipped so far. I actually like JJ and Hamilton more than a lot of earlier picks, go figure.

As for the Bulls, maybe they are thinking Leslie from Georgia? I guess Hopson if they think can figure him out mentally. I guess there is Mack and D Morris, who knows.

Not sure if this is really their pick though.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 09:12 PM)
F- for the Bulls. They passed up on better prospects that could help them THIS year for a project.

Yeah since pick 28 is loaded with players that can produce immediately on a contending team.

F- for the Bulls. They passed up on better prospects that could help them THIS year for a project.

Still one more pick left. Let's see what they do with it.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 09:13 PM)
Yeah since pick 28 is loaded with players that can produce immediately on a contending team.

They passed on Brooks and Hamilton. Hamilton is going to get flipped for Rudy Fernandez, who the Bulls coveted for years.

And it could be that the Bulls overreached on Mirotic. Most teams aren't going to take a player who won't come over for 3-4 years.

Edited by chw42

A rookie SG was not going to make a difference, especially one taken at 23 (or 28, whatever) in a weak draft. Brooks is nothing more than a rotational player.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 09:14 PM)
And Johnson.

I don't care for him that much. I personally think Harper is a better fit for this team if they're going to draft a 4.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 09:15 PM)
A rookie SG was not going to make a difference, especially one taken at 23 (or 28, whatever) in a weak draft. Brooks is nothing more than a rotational player.

I didn't want Brooks. I wanted Hamilton or Johnson (yes, I know neither is a SG) but I believe you always go with BPA.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 09:14 PM)
They passed on Brooks and Hamilton. Hamilton is going to get flipped for Rudy Fernandez, who the Bulls coveted for years.

And it could be that the Bulls overreached on Mirotic. Most teams aren't going to take a player who won't come over for 3-4 years.

They only have so many roster spots. Get used to it because they'll be making a lot of picks like this in the near future. And overreaching on what some considered the 7th best prospect in the draft is the same thing they did with Asik. That worked out well, didn't it?

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 09:17 PM)
They only have so many roster spots. Get used to it because they'll be making a lot of picks like this in the near future. And overreaching on what some considered the 7th best prospect in the draft is the same thing they did with Asik. That worked out well, didn't it?

I never said that they should take two college players. I just thought it would have been smarter to draft a guy who can help the team right now first.