2011-2012 OFFICIAL NBA LOCKOUT thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 09:12 PM)
F- for the Bulls. They passed up on better prospects that could help them THIS year for a project.

They got a guy that is lottery talent and that fits into their plans since from what I read they only wanted 1 pick this draft anyways. Assuming they take something decent with the 30th pick so far I have the Bulls at an A.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 09:15 PM)
A rookie SG was not going to make a difference, especially one taken at 23 (or 28, whatever) in a weak draft. Brooks is nothing more than a rotational player.

Rudy Fernandez would have been nice. I don't know his salary though.

I don't dislike Mirotic, I'm just not sure I like that he got picked 23rd.

He now ranks third in the ACB and sixth in the Euroleague in PER, thanks to his prolific scoring (21 points per 40 minutes), solid work on the glass (9.4 rebounds per 40), defensive playmaking (1.4 blocks, 1.6 steals per 40) and terrific efficiency (61% 2P, 43% 3P, 86% FT).

He's a highly efficient player, although he's done that in limited PT.

Im fine with Butler if the Bulls have some sort of solution for a guard, but im just not sure Butler can actually play 2. I can see the Bulls thinking it may work, I just dont know if it can. Butler can shoot, so maybe they are thinking he can back up Deng and maybe play some 2. Who knows.

Butler is a pretty good shooter actually. And Im not sure if he can play the 2, he played for Marquette which runs a pretty stupid system so he would often play the 4. But the more I think about the actual games, the more i realize hes a pretty quick/athletic 6'7 and in a normal system is a definitely a 3 and potentially a 2.

It could be a sneaky pick if the Bulls realized that Marquette runs a strange system and he was completely out of position.