2011-2012 OFFICIAL NBA LOCKOUT thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever. We could draft Jojo English and some fans would try to make a positive out of it. Ain't no way in hell Butler was a better prospect than Hamilton and Johnson. I don't have to get paid to know this. I look forward to losing to the Heat in 6 games next year (assuming there is a next year).

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 09:28 PM)
Butler should be a solid 4th 3 on a championship roster.

The Bulls didn't even have a backup for Deng last year. At least they do now.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 09:31 PM)
I'm laughing hysterically at those who thought our 28th or 30th pick was going to put us over the top in any draft let alone this one.

I didn't say that. But they clearly didn't take the best player available. A player that might be good in three years. Yawnnnnnnnn. This isn't baseball..

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 09:32 PM)
Ive heard 2 players called the best shooting big men now.

Best means no one is better.

Bilas said 2 times that Harper was the best shooting big man.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 09:33 PM)
I didn't say that. But they clearly didn't take the best player available. A player that might be good in three years. Yawnnnnnnnn. This isn't baseball..

The odds of anyone at this point in the draft being "good" within three years are incredibly slim.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 07:30 PM)
Whatever. We could draft Jojo English and some fans would try to make a positive out of it. Ain't no way in hell Butler was a better prospect than Hamilton and Johnson. I don't have to get paid to know this. I look forward to losing to the Heat in 6 games next year (assuming there is a next year).

Dude, the Bulls could draft the 2nd coming of Michael Jordan and you'd find a problem with it. One thing the Bulls have done and done well is draft under John Paxson/Gar Forman.

Not everyhing needs to be in absolutes and not every post you make has to hate. Hell, is it ironic that the one thing you liked (Adam Dunn) turned out to be the worse move of the offseason? And the move you hated the most and gave no chance, turned into one of the best moves in the off-season (Humber).

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 09:30 PM)

Right, because Hamilton or Johnson would have put us over the top against Miami.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 09:31 PM)
Bulls beating the Heat likely isnt going to depend on who was picked in the end of the first round, and more is going to depend on how Rose and the actual Bulls players play.

EXACTLY

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 09:33 PM)

A lot of people had Mirotic as the best player available.

Do you like Omer Asik?

Actually no, it was someone else besides Williams (cant remember who)

I think people are hating on the Butler pick way to much, I would have liked Hamilton, but if the Euro is as good as people say, it was probably smart to stash some talent when the Bulls dont have roster space.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 07:33 PM)

Did you say the same thing when we drafted Asik?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 09:39 PM)
Problem with Mack is hes a 2 in a 1s body. Probably a solid back up combo guard, but not sure if you want him starting on a great team.

There are far too many short 2 guards in this draft.