2011-2012 OFFICIAL NBA LOCKOUT thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marquette alum adding my two cents...

Butler is a solid role-playertype pick... offensively, he's an effective slasher who needs to improve his outside shot.... sort of a poor-man's Luol Deng.

Strong defender who can defend multiple positions... 2, 3, or 4.

Should fit well into Thib's system.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 09:36 PM)
Did you say the same thing when we drafted Asik?

Did I miss something? Asik is not that good. A decent backup? Yes. The Heat have three players better than Rose. We need to aim higher.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (scenario @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 09:41 PM)
Marquette alum adding my two cents...

Butler is a solid role-playertype pick... offensively, he's an effective slasher who needs to improve his outside shot.... sort of a poor-man's Luol Deng.

Strong defender who can defend multiple positions... 2, 3, or 4.

Should fit well into Thib's system.

Thibs must have wanted him for that.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 09:42 PM)
Did I miss something? Asik is not that good. A decent backup? Yes. The Heat have three players better than Rose. We need to aim higher.

They do?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 09:42 PM)

Good god, you rant like crazy. Bosh is not in any way shape or form better than Rose. It's a little easier to have a good series when you're being single-covered by a bad defender with two studs drawing all of the defensive attention than when you're getting trapped basically the whole game.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 09:43 PM)
Scenario,

I presume the reason why butler didnt play the 2 more was because of Marquette's love of playing 4 guards at a time? I know a lot of games he was one of the taller guys on the floor.

Yes. Plus, Marquette didn't have much up front... which made Butler more valuable as a forward.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 07:42 PM)

Seemed like a lot of teams were interested in Asik at the trade deadline and if he wasn't that good than why was Memphis wanting him for Mayo who I know you like a ton?

Asik is a productive player. Great, no, but he makes the Bulls better.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 09:45 PM)
Good god, you rant like crazy. Bosh is not in any way shape or form better than Rose. It's a little easier to have a good series when you're being single-covered by a bad defender with two studs drawing all of the defensive attention than when you're getting trapped basically the whole game.

Bosh's '10 > Rose's '11. That's all I can say.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 07:42 PM)

And you are higher than a kite if you think the Bulls are getting an all star at 28 and 30 (or even 23). We are lucky if we get one rotation player out of those picks.

Scenario,

When I saw that butler was 6'7 I was shocked, because I remember him generally being the 4 and therefore I thought he was more like 6'9. As soon as I saw he was 6'7 I started to think that the Bulls may play Butler as both 2/3 because I do think he has the quickness to play the 2 and offensively hes a decent slasher.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 09:46 PM)
Yes, Bosh as the lead dog is better than Rose. Rose is not as good playing wise LeBron and Wade.

Bosh has never put up a season like Rose's MVP season. He's never gone far above 10 win shares in his entire career. Rose had 13.5 last year.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 07:46 PM)
Yes, Bosh as the lead dog is better than Rose. Rose is not as good playing wise LeBron and Wade.

Seriously? Bosh as the lead dog is better?

I must have missed when Toronto won 62 games and lost in the ECF's?

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 07:50 PM)
62 wins, a conference finals trip and an MVP> 40 wins and watching the playoffs from home.

I think that might be the dumbest post in the history of Soxtalk. Just think about that...there have been a lot of dumb posts on Soxtalk and that might be the topper, hahah.