2011-2012 OFFICIAL NBA LOCKOUT thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 09:52 PM)
What? This shocks me coming from you. Bosh in '10 was better than Rose in '11.

I'm just saying what the advanced stats tell me. I'm not sure PER is the best way to compare a big man vs. a PG.

And Bosh looked like utter s*** last year at times. Rose will probably never shoot 1 of 17 regardless of who he plays with.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 07:52 PM)
I think you quoted the wrong post, which makes the comment much more hilarious

:headbang

I actually knew it was Zoom's post, but had already commented on J4L's post once (with an identical argument as Zoom). But decided to add more to that comment on Bosh being better.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 09:53 PM)
And in a team sport like basketball, this means nothing.

First off, MVP is individual.

Second, if he were really so amazing, they wouldn't have missed the playoffs in the eastern conference.

Third, considering how many games that Boozer and Noah missed, you can't really argue that the supporting cast was significantly better.

Every single GM in the league would hang up on you if you tried to get Rose for Bosh. You wouldn't even finish the thought, you'd hear a click after you got out the "Ro" part.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 09:49 PM)
Scenario,

When I saw that butler was 6'7 I was shocked, because I remember him generally being the 4 and therefore I thought he was more like 6'9. As soon as I saw he was 6'7 I started to think that the Bulls may play Butler as both 2/3 because I do think he has the quickness to play the 2 and offensively hes a decent slasher.

Actually, I was thinking Thibs might slide Deng down to 2 and play Butler at 3... take advantage of Deng's improved shooting.

Not as a regular thing... but could be part of a great defensive alignment when needed.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 09:54 PM)
I'm just saying what the advanced stats tell me. I'm not sure PER is the best way to compare a big man vs. a PG.

And Bosh looked like utter s*** last year at times. Rose will probably never shoot 1 of 17 regardless of who he plays with.

I understand win shares. But other metrics say Bosh was better. Where's the cutoff? This Bulls team didn't go from 41 wins to 62 because of Rose. I'm sorry. I don't buy that. Never have. He's not Jordan.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 09:58 PM)
I understand win shares. But other metrics say Bosh was better. Where's the cutoff? This Bulls team didn't go from 41 wins to 62 because of Rose. I'm sorry. I don't buy that. Never have. He's not Jordan.

A lot of the team's improvement is from defense. But Rose probably added 6-7 wins by himself this past year in comparison to his 2010 season.

Other metrics like PER favor PFs over PGs. Chris Bosh has a better PER in 2010 than CP3 did last year. Does that make Bosh better than CP3?

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 10:16 PM)
First thing Butler said in his press conference is that he's going to put work in to guard Lebron and Wade so the Bulls could get championships.

f*** ya, I'm on board.

Yeah, I feel so much better now. If Craig Ehlo says, "I'm going to get bigger, stronger, etc, to defend Michael Jordan," I'm not going to feel better.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 11:20 PM)
Yeah, I feel so much better now. If Craig Ehlo says, "I'm going to get bigger, stronger, etc, to defend Michael Jordan," I'm not going to feel better.

There's a pinned thread in PHT by ChiSoxFn that you might want to read.