2011-2012 OFFICIAL NBA LOCKOUT thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 04:26 AM)
It'll be interesting to see how they co-exist through time. I could see them butting heads in the future, but who knows.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was half of the reason they were put together.

My boy David Lighty signed a 2 year contract in italy and has to stay at least one year. He is a prime example of a player that would have signed a training camp contract in the NBA and has instead take the cash in Europe.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 13, 2011 -> 01:12 PM)
My boy David Lighty signed a 2 year contract in italy and has to stay at least one year. He is a prime example of a player that would have signed a training camp contract in the NBA and has instead take the cash in Europe.

when he returns, is he considered an UDFA?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 13, 2011 -> 01:26 PM)
when he returns, is he considered an UDFA?

Good question. I guess Euro teams are offering guaranteed money to these guys and my guess is that some will take it. I know he has the option to stay for 2 years or come back after 1.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 13, 2011 -> 01:12 PM)

and your boy DMac signed a 1-year deal in Turkey

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 14, 2011 -> 10:51 AM)
Shaq to TNT.

I do not like that. He and Barkley on the same show is too much. He should have gone to ESPN, because their broadcast sucks and could use some life.

Shaq & Barkley will be gold. Too bad we most likely wont get to see any of it this year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 01:46 PM)

It still looks easy for him.

It is easy for him, just doing it throughout a whole season is when his age would show. I bet if he only played a game a week he could still bring it and easy score 15-16ppg.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 09:20 AM)
I really think the players association folds quickly in the NBA. I can't see those guys holding it together.

I think they'll be in a position to hold out longer than they did in '99 if it comes to trying to break them. At least now, if a guy is really in trouble, he can go play in Europe for a salary.