2011-2012 OFFICIAL NBA LOCKOUT thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 19, 2011 -> 02:01 PM)
Can't have it both ways. I understand what you're saying. But apply that when doing all-time rankings (not saying you're doing that). Bill Russell, for some reason, is viewed as a top 6 player of all-time. I don't think so. Players unequivocally better/greater than Bill Russell: MJ, Magic, Bird, Wilt, Kareem, Moses, Hakeem, Shaq, Duncan, Erving, West, Robertson and a few others I'm probably forgetting about.

This part I won't argue with, possibly even a few more. Russell's lack of a dominant offensive game hurts, if you're starting a team with him you need a big time perimeter scorer. To me, there's a big difference between saying he's not a top-10 player ever and saying he's Wallace/Mutombo (who weren't top-10 in the league at that time most likely).

Edited by ZoomSlowik

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Oct 19, 2011 -> 02:28 PM)
This part I won't argue with, possibly even a few more. Russell's lack of a dominant offensive game hurts, if you're starting a team with him you need a big time perimeter scorer. To me, there's a big difference between saying he's not a top-10 player ever and saying he's Wallace/Mutombo (who weren't top-10 in the league at that time most likely).

Ya, this is where I come in as well on the issue.

30 hours of talks over 3 days ended yesterday with no agreement. In general the 2 sides weren't talking to the media during this session, they're back talking to the media now. Stern missed yesterday's session with the flu (seriously dude, get a flu shot). There are currently no additional talks/mediation scheduled. The ball is probably in Mr. Flu's court to cancel more games now. If no more talks get scheduled in the next week or so...it's possible that we'll start seeing the legal cases go forwards.

"You know its sad when people don't even try and hide their greed..#NBALockout,"
-Dwyane Wade.

DRose was a passenger in a care that was pulled over for DUI.

TMZ

Chicago Bulls superstar Derrick Rose strolled out of an LAPD station at 3:00 AM today ... after his BFF was arrested for DUI ... and Derrick was a passenger in the car.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ .... the 2011 NBA MVP was a passenger in a black BMW being driven by his close friend and personal assistant Randall Hampton ... when cops stopped the car on a routine traffic violation at around 2:00 AM Friday morning.

When cops spoke to Hampton -- who played high school basketball with Rose -- officers claim they detected the odor of alcohol.

Hampton was given a field sobriety test ... and was eventually arrested on suspicion of DUI. Rose was free to go.

Hampton was hauled to the Hollywood police station, where he was booked. Rose arrived to the station shortly after to check on his friend.

TMZ shot footage of Rose leaving the police station by himself at 3:00 AM ... but he clearly wasn't in the mood to talk.

Hampton has just been released on his own recognizance.

We called Rose's agent to ask why he would allow an allegedly drunk person to drive him around -- but so far no comment.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

Yeah, see, this is where Rose is being smart. His boys will happily drive him around (although dude shoulda been sober obviously) vs letting D take the plunge. I'm sure that guy will be handsomely rewarded for his troubles.

I mean, sure, I'd prefer the league MVP and the only reason the Bulls stand a chance to not be out clubbing and taking the inherent risk that is getting in the car with someone over the legal limit, but that'd make me quite the hypocrite given my willingness to do something similar in the past and I'm sure in the future.

Link

Details of the six-game, four-continent exhibition tour by NBA players set to begin at the end of October have not been finalized, but 14 of the 18 players approached have contractually committed to the tour, sources said, and deals with all 18 are expected to be completed Sunday night.

The list of players approached by Atlanta businessman Cal Darden include reigning NBA MVP Derrick Rose, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, sources said.

The tour is scheduled to start with a game Oct. 30 in Puerto Rico and include two games in London, one in Macau and two, back-to-back, in Australia.

Since news of the tour surfaced last week, nine more players have expressed interest in taking part, a source said, and two more may be added.

A couple of agents with players committed to the tour said on condition of anonymity that they are curious to see how Darden will make good on the contractual promises made.

The players will be paid salaries ranging from six figures up to $1 million, sources have told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 23, 2011 -> 07:55 PM)
Just make sure it's not the one that matters, that pg dude on the Bulls.

Um...I think the Bulls are paying $15 million a year to some other dude who may play...this "Boozer"...

Thankfully he has no injury history, right?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 23, 2011 -> 07:00 PM)
Um...I think the Bulls are paying $15 million a year to some other dude who may play...this "Boozer"...

Thankfully he has no injury history, right?

Well I was talking about the guys mentioned in the post right above Kyyles but yes, NO BULLS get hurt please. We happy now?

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Oct 23, 2011 -> 10:42 PM)
Basketball players play basketball in the off season. I don't think an exhibition has much more risk.

Seriously. And judging from the youtube videos and highlights, it's less competitive than most pick-up games. It's not like they're hibernating all summer.

As long as he doesn't get on a motorcycle...