2011-2012 OFFICIAL NBA LOCKOUT thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 09:17 AM)
But his contract is up this year, he's tall, he plays C, and Dalembert is a free agent.

They still have Spencer Hawes. So I'm not sure Kaman would be a necessity.

Dalembert didn't even play for Philadelphia last year, so I'm not sure how he fits into all of this.

Edited by chw42

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 09:25 AM)
Maybe that's it. He busts his ass. He's not a lazy slouch wasting his talents. But he doesn't work on the areas he needs to work on the most.

That's what I was thinking. I don't think his work ethic is necessarily the problem. Against the Bulls, he was playing the entire game, then guarding D-Rose for the last 5. You have to be in some kind of great shape to do that. Maybe he doesn't seem to realize that it's about more than staying in shape, you also have to specifically work on certain elements of your game to improve. If he thought the Decision was a good idea, I wouldn't put this past him either.

Some people around LA are talking about the Lakers and Minny trying to work out a trade involving Gasol. It has to be the most lopsided trade ever but I've heard some good NBA people on the radio commenting on it and they are indicating it has legs. Cowherd has been yapping about it this AM too.

Gasol for Love and the #2 pick. That is ridiculous.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 10:24 AM)
Some people around LA are talking about the Lakers and Minny trying to work out a trade involving Gasol. It has to be the most lopsided trade ever but I've heard some good NBA people on the radio commenting on it and they are indicating it has legs. Cowherd has been yapping about it this AM too.

Holy crap, where do I sign up for that deal?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 10:24 AM)

If I was a Timberwolves fan and somehow stuck with them the past few seasons, that trade would turn me off from the franchise for the next 5 seasons at the very least.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 10:45 AM)
If I was a Timberwolves fan and somehow stuck with them the past few seasons, that trade would turn me off from the franchise for the next 5 seasons at the very least.

No joke. They just need to move to Seattle now and get it over with because that franchise is DOA if that deal happens.

I still can't possibly believe it. I could see a Gasol for Love deal but not adding a first rounder to boot. My guess is that is how much it would take for the Lakers to make the deal, where the Wolves would prefer the pick plus fillers for Gasol.

Just depends on how badly Minny wants to pair Gasol up with Rubio. I think they believe Gasol would make Rubio much more comfortable.

Turning Kwame Brown, Javaris Crittenton, Marc Gasol and a couple picks into Pau Gasol, winning a couple rings, then turning Paul Gasol into Kevin Love and Derrick Williams (or whoever), would be pretty epic.

On just about the same level as turning Gio Gonzalez into Nick Swisher then turning Nick Swisher into Jeff Marquez and him returning to the Yankees.

Relax people. Kevin Love is not going to be a Laker. It's just a rumor, one that's several days old at that. The Lakers made a ridiculously lopsided offer, the T-Wolves countered with just the #2 pick and we're sitting here with nothing happening. But of course the Lakers are one of the glamour teams so the media keeps reporting it slanted towards them as opposed to the team that virtually no one cares about.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 12:30 PM)
Hopefully, Forman is lying.

I think he is. He isn't gonna come out and promise big changes because if he can't make a big move, he'll look like an idiot.

JR even said the Bulls need a much better scoring 2-guard, so I think they make a move, how big is relative. I don't think it's Dwight big, but a guy like Jason Richardson would still be a big move, IMO.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 12:32 PM)
I think he is. He isn't gonna come out and promise big changes because if he can't make a big move, he'll look like an idiot.

JR even said the Bulls need a much better scoring 2-guard, so I think they make a move, how big is relative. I don't think it's Dwight big, but a guy like Jason Richardson would still be a big move, IMO.

Plus you really don't want to make promises or bold statements without knowing what the CBA is going to look like.

The Bulls won 62 games this year.

This isn't a team that needs a drastic set of changes.

They need improvement at 1 starting position. That's not a drastic change. A drastic change is what happened to the post 2007 Bulls.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 12:35 PM)
The Bulls won 62 games this year.

This isn't a team that needs a drastic set of changes.

They need improvement at 1 starting position. That's not a drastic change. A drastic change is what happened to the post 2007 Bulls.

I guess it depends on what we all think is drastic.

Dwight Howard would definitely be drastic, but we all know that's a next to impossible possibility this off-season.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 01:57 PM)
I guess it depends on what we all think is drastic.

Dwight Howard would definitely be drastic, but we all know that's a next to impossible possibility this off-season.

I wouldn't "See that on the horizon" either if I was in the GM's chair. I would obviously try for it and not complain if it happened...but I have to plan for it not happening.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 02:36 PM)
Er yeah, that's what I meant. Silly me mixing up my WNBA franchises :lolhitting

I didn't want to point it out, but to Felix that is probably like calling him a Cubs fan.