WTF are we waiting for ? Call up Viciedo !

macsandz

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lord chas @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 07:59 PM)
can anyone enlighten me why viciedo is not being called up? is it to do with options or his contract?

Sox have stated all along that Viciedo will be called up only to play fulltime

Right now we don't have a spot for him

He can't play 3rd

We have somebody in LF, and RF

We already have a DH

We already have a 1B

QUOTE (lord chas @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 06:59 PM)
can anyone enlighten me why viciedo is not being called up? is it to do with options or his contract?

Stupidity, loyalty, inability to read box scores. Take your pick.

QUOTE (Real @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 07:00 PM)

He can't play 3rd

We have some body in LF, and RF

We already have a DH

We already have a 1B

Corrected.

Everyday doesn't have to mean EVERYday. NO reason he can't play 5 out of 6 days.

It has to do with Ozzie's refusal to bench Pierre and/or Rios. You could have Lillibridge play for Rios and Viciedo play for Pierre. The team is already improved.

Pierre is about the only veteran White Sox I have never seen dog it once. He's supposed to be a great guy and a great teammate. The problem is he just either can't play anymore or just isn't doing the job. Its time to be a great influence and help Viciedo out and become a part time player. Put Lillibridge in CF until reality comes crashing in on him and let Rios sit down and try to figure things out while not killing the team.

QUOTE (lord chas @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 08:59 PM)

I can throw his contract in too. If the can wait until perhaps august or sept, that might still buy them another year before he becomes a free agent.

But yeah, that's not why. It's because of Pierre.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 07:17 PM)
I can throw his contract in too. If the can wait until perhaps august or sept, that might still buy them another year before he becomes a free agent.

But yeah, that's not why. It's because of Pierre.

Yes, but don't you think Teahen's presence is also a major issue? He's even more redundant than Juan if DV is on the 25 man.

Of course, it's almost moot, 'cause Teahen is nearly as unmovable as Rios or Dunn. If Teahen were movable in any way, letting JP stay on the roster, "sensitivity issues" would be irrelevant.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 09:26 PM)
Yes, but don't you think Teahen's presence is also a major issue? He's even more redundant than Juan if DV is on the 25 man.

Of course, it's almost moot, 'cause Teahen is nearly as unmovable as Rios or Dunn. If Teahen were movable in any way, letting JP stay on the roster, "sensitivity issues" would be irrelevant.

I really hope they wouldn't call up Viciedo to sit on the bench like last year again. I so hope they wouldn't do that.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 07:28 PM)
I really hope they wouldn't call up Viciedo to sit on the bench like last year again. I so hope they wouldn't do that.

Can't argue with that.

If you give Ozzie a JP type of player, he's going to play him more than any of us want I suppose.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 09:34 PM)
Can't argue with that.

If you give Ozzie a JP type of player, he's going to play him more than any of us want I suppose.

Even when just focusing on Teahen, the fact is, Viciedo isn't going to replace our current infield or Dh, which is where Teahen is being used. Only shot is 3b but his defense can't hold there and we've moved him away from it twice in 2 years.

Sox just have too many studs and DV could not possibly replace one............KW and OG are idiots. :huh

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 07:36 PM)
Even when just focusing on Teahen, the fact is, Viciedo isn't going to replace our current infield or Dh, which is where Teahen is being used. Only shot is 3b but his defense can't hold there and we've moved him away from it twice in 2 years.

I can see DV at the DH once a week against a lefty. If you gave him one day a week off (except for PH duties, especially for Dunn against LHRP's) that would leave Pierre in LF 2 days a week, for the near term, and JP might even be a better player in that scenario. His value as a pinch runner alone might be more than what Teahen's bringing to the table in his current role.

But again, it's rather moot.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

Ozzie Guillen Not hacerte tributes nor straws of that if nonvelar by yours

Ozzie Guillen To your family the best thing and than if there is halgo that to do is to take care of yours and to help them Ozzie Guillen Of all all God carrao has in the glory our great Venezuelan

Ozzie Guillen They leave our great entertainment quiet do not joden to anybody

Ozzie Guillen That is the few cases that are left us to smile and to aupar and to mention mother please dejenlo like this by or or badly

Ozzie Guillen Nonjodamos little that we have the baseball. Todavian our fanatics play the great leagues for a reason and the town

Ozzie Guillen That a day as today they do not want them to joder the only case that we enjoyed like the hallacas the bagpipes joropo blow tuyero

Ozzie Guillen Sir carrao always estaras with our baseball

Ozzie Guillen And oirte we are proud of that you are for Venezuela not the one that you were you are pure stock Ozzie Guillen You were example for all the Venezuelans your never you moriras in our mind at least those that had the

honor of conocerte Ozzie Guillen Bracho rests peacefully of best of my country carrao.

QUOTE (Real @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 08:00 PM)

He can't play 3rd

We have somebody in LF, and RF

We already have a DH

We already have a 1B

I do not think this will be true for much longer though. Scott Merkin had a piece on Whitesox.com about Viciedo and he was also on the score with Rosenbloom and McKnight earlier this evening. Merkin seems to believe that Kenny would ideally move Quentin to LF right now and call up Viciedo to start in RF. He also makes mention in the article of KW saying that Viciedo and Quentin will be in the same Sox OF at some point and it is someone else's job to figure out who leads off. Ozzie obviously would rather have a more traditional leadoff type hitter and hence sticks with Pierre. IMO, Kenny is dropping the ball though by not overruling Ozzie and making the move if that is indeed true.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 10:47 PM)
I do not think this will be true for much longer though. Scott Merkin had a piece on Whitesox.com about Viciedo and he was also on the score with Rosenbloom and McKnight earlier this evening. Merkin seems to believe that Kenny would ideally move Quentin to LF right now and call up Viciedo to start in RF. He also makes mention in the article of KW saying that Viciedo and Quentin will be in the same Sox OF at some point and it is someone else's job to figure out who leads off. Ozzie obviously would rather have a more traditional leadoff type hitter and hence sticks with Pierre. IMO, Kenny is dropping the ball though by not overruling Ozzie and making the move if that is indeed true.

Sorry guys. I did not read the beginning of the thread where the article was posted. Hopefully, the stuff from the score is helpful still.