WTF are we waiting for ? Call up Viciedo !

macsandz

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 02:27 AM)
Cmon man we have the best pitching; that's gotta count for something at the end of all this. Now what the hell do we do with Rios Beckham Pierre and Morel? Something big has to happen there, big changes. Thankfully Pierre might have value again to another team; well at least enough value where we don't have to pay all of his salary :headbang

It's doubtful we could get anything back for Pierre...just dumping the $2.5 million we owe him and freeing the position is the main issue.

Beckham's fine for now, compared to most of our problems.

Morel might need to split more and more time with Teahen until he starts putting up at least a 600-625 OPS. Teahen can take some walks and also drive the ball out of the yard.

Rios to the bench, with DeAza/Lillibridge platoon until/unless both of them aren't productive, then you go back to Alex and try to get him going again like the first half of 2010 and put him through waivers, hoping to find a suitor. Probably stuck with him in 2012, though.

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 05:13 AM)
It's doubtful we could get anything back for Pierre...just dumping the $2.5 million we owe him and freeing the position is the main issue.

Beckham's fine for now, compared to most of our problems.

Morel might need to split more and more time with Teahen until he starts putting up at least a 600-625 OPS. Teahen can take some walks and also drive the ball out of the yard.

Rios to the bench, with DeAza/Lillibridge platoon until/unless both of them aren't productive, then you go back to Alex and try to get him going again like the first half of 2010 and put him through waivers, hoping to find a suitor. Probably stuck with him in 2012, though.

I'm all for these ideas as they represent probably the most drastic shake-up we can do in house. De Aza has earned his shot again and it's about time we have a true corner outfielder in LF.

I guess Beckham can hack up 2nd for the next 4 years since his D is solid and offense is a bonus there.

Maybe they should tell Moreal n Teahen that it's open competition again and somebody needs to win it for the September push if it exists.

Dayan has played 86 games this year at AAA, the same as last year. Interesting splits.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/st...&pid=493364

Scroll to the bottom of the page to see.

Improvements in total number of hits, doubles, runs, RBI, walks, (less) strikeouts, AVG, OBP, SLG and OPS.

Less HR by 4. Surprisingly. So he HAS become a more efficient hitter, developed a better eye at the plate, and getting on base MORE and showing more power overall.

Yet...he's still in Charlotte because "we can't make room for him."

Total BS.

QUOTE (OilCan @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 11:02 PM)
Dayan has played 86 games this year at AAA, the same as last year. Interesting splits.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/st...&pid=493364

Scroll to the bottom of the page to see.

Improvements in total number of hits, doubles, runs, RBI, walks, (less) strikeouts, AVG, OBP, SLG and OPS.

Less HR by 4. Surprisingly. So he HAS become a more efficient hitter, developed a better eye at the plate, and getting on base MORE and showing more power overall.

Yet...he's still in Charlotte because "we can't make room for him."

Total BS.

Not bringing him up for this Twins series is a FIREABLE OFFENSE.

It just is.

We are sitting back and letting the Twins take 4 more from us, just because we want to wait until the break to make it seem like we're not panicking.

Well, these 4 losses are going to matter. They just will.

Way to go, KW and Oz.

Yeah we didn't need any changes entering this series, none at all.

Well guys you are 2 down and 2 to go with the smart money on the Twinks in the next two.

Dummies all of u.

Dayan woulda given us a spark. How can you guys not see that????

I wouldn't be shocked if the gambler pushed all his chips in and traded Viciedo for a vet. Forget logic, we have people who have jobs on the line. We are passed the service date I believe. So why is he still down there. He is at max value right now.

I hope I am very wrong, but something just doesn't add up here.

I wouldn't be shocked if the gambler pushed all his chips in and traded Viciedo for a vet. Forget logic, we have people who have jobs on the line. We are passed the service date I believe. So why is he still down there. He is at max value right now.

I hope I am very wrong, but something just doesn't add up here.

I can just see this coming, maybe not but with KW you never know. Trading our best prospect for a washed up veteran that will add absolutely no value.

But KW would have to be given permission to trade Viciedo, I'm sure.

Certainly JR and the Board of Directors have to be realistic....that fighting off 3 teams that are all playing better than the White Sox isn't a very good gamble, especially after what's happened with Peavy, Dunn, Rios and Jackson.

Viciedo is a future franchise hitter, and one of the few scouting determinations it seems they've gotten right since 2006.

What were we trailing by when we waved the White Flag in 1997? I think it was only 3 1/2 GB, with the team meandering around .500.

Certainly JR and the Board of Directors have to be realistic....that fighting off 3 teams that are all playing better than the White Sox isn't a very good gamble, especially after what's happened with Peavy, Dunn, Rios and Jackson.

Viciedo is a future franchise hitter, and one of the few scouting determinations it seems they've gotten right since 2006.

What were we trailing by when we waved the White Flag in 1997? I think it was only 3 1/2 GB, with the team meandering around .500.

I agree with this assessment Caul, i have not seen many prospects get better this quickwith so much upside. The last prospect that comes to mind (There could be others) was Hudson but his upside was not as high as DV.

I could see them trading Viciedo for Granderson and two minor leaguers or to the Braves for some stiffs.

If KW is gonna trade him, it will be at the break or shortly after cause he hasn't been up to make us all fall in baseball love with him again.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 12:44 AM)
I could see them trading Viciedo for Granderson and two minor leaguers or to the Braves for some stiffs.

If KW is gonna trade him, it will be at the break or shortly after cause he hasn't been up to make us all fall in baseball love with him again.

Greg, who would the Yankees play in CF then?

That's the reverse of a typical Yankees' deal. They're not going to trade away one of their best hitters in the middle of the season for an unproven prospect.

And it would cost a lot more than Viciedo to acquire Granderson anyway.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 02:09 AM)
Greg, who would the Yankees play in CF then?

That's the reverse of a typical Yankees' deal. They're not going to trade away one of their best hitters in the middle of the season for an unproven prospect.

And it would cost a lot more than Viciedo to acquire Granderson anyway.

Could they put Gardner in CF and Viciedo in LF?

WTF is going on here?!?! The Yankees aren't trading their .941-OPS hitting starting centerfielder who also happens to be one the 10 best players in MLB this year for a prospect. Granted Viciedo is really good, but Granderson is an established MLB All-Star who plays terrific defense and is hitting amazingly this year.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 04:11 PM)
WTF is going on here?!?! The Yankees aren't trading their .941-OPS hitting starting centerfielder who also happens to be one the 10 best players in MLB this year for a prospect. Granted Viciedo is really good, but Granderson is an established MLB All-Star who plays terrific defense and is hitting amazingly this year.

LOL

I was just thinking the same thing. Why would the Yankees trade away arguably their best hitter this year when they're in 1st in the East?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 12:53 AM)

Are we sure here? Because I heard the same s*** about the Sox' current 2B.

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 03:14 PM)
Are we sure here? Because I heard the same s*** about the Sox' current 2B.

There really are no sure things.

I think he's going to be a hitting machine, but I could be wrong, too.

Beckham never spent enough time in the minors to get a feel for how his numbers would translate from that level to the bigs, but I was front-and-center on his bandwagon based on his '09 performance. Haven't quite yet given up on Gordo becoming that player, though I will soon if nothing changes.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 06:41 PM)
There really are no sure things.

I think he's going to be a hitting machine, but I could be wrong, too.

Beckham never spent enough time in the minors to get a feel for how his numbers would translate from that level to the bigs, but I was front-and-center on his bandwagon based on his '09 performance. Haven't quite yet given up on Gordo becoming that player, though I will soon if nothing changes.

No sure thing, but he hit well last year when he was here, and is having a very productive season in the minors. He's a pretty good prospect, and, by all accounts, is a hard worker. I think his time has come, or should have come.

QUOTE (spiderman @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 05:53 PM)
No sure thing, but he hit well last year when he was here, and is having a very productive season in the minors. He's a pretty good prospect, and, by all accounts, is a hard worker. I think his time has come, or should have come.

Gotta be Friday, right???

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 08:04 PM)
So what's going on with Viciedo? He didn't play in either game of the DH today.

1.) He was given an early vacation to head to Arizona for the Future's Game. (My guess)

2.) He is hurt and needed a full day off. (possible)

3.) He finally got the call and will be up with the club. (doubtful, we would have heard some news about it by now)

4.) He got traded. (same as no. 3)