WTF are we waiting for ? Call up Viciedo !

macsandz

Really emphasizes a winning environment when you day after day trot out one of the bottom 10 regulars in the MLB in your leadoff spot. Hey you know what Juan, you don't hit you don't run you don't even field well anymore, but we have no problem letting you getting the most plate apperances on the team this year. Really shows that it doesn't matter how poorly you play

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 02:45 PM)
Really emphasizes a winning environment when you day after day trot out one of the bottom 10 regulars in the MLB in your leadoff spot. Hey you know what Juan, you don't hit you don't run you don't even field well anymore, but we have no problem letting you getting the most plate apperances on the team this year. Really shows that it doesn't matter how poorly you play

Juan is a vet, he'll turn it around, just gotta have patience!!1!! He's 34 years old, it's going to take awhile to warm up!1! Speed never slumps (it stops though).

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 01:32 PM)
The only good thing to say is that it's easier to find hitting than good starting pitching.

The problem is that we have to replace Buehrle, Danks and Jackson somehow. God help Sale and Peavy.

Next year's starting pitching is not a major concern, IMO. MB will be back (I give it an 80% chance), and Humber is cheap and under control.

If we're planning on contending, I don't see Danks being moved until the middle of next season at the earliest, when we're not contending. Jackson, he gawn!

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 04:08 PM)
If we're planning on contending, I don't see Danks being moved until the middle of next season at the earliest, when we're not contending. Jackson, he gawn!

Now that we're suddenly back to 5 games below .500, "Planning on Contending" is becoming at best borderline.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 02:09 PM)
Now that we're suddenly back to 5 games below .500, "Planning on Contending" is becoming at best borderline.

Well yes, we're stuck with some big contracts that can't be shed, but we all darn well know that KW won't be selling a "rebuilding year" in 2012.

And we're only 4 under. BFD, I know.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 04:18 PM)
We are 5.5 out. We are still "contending".

I don't know what KW does if we get close to the deadline and we're both 6 out and still under .500.

Yes, we're still technically in the race, but we're playing below .500 ball, and that's got to be close to the breaking point for this salary level.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 03:23 PM)
I don't know what KW does if we get close to the deadline and we're both 6 out and still under .500.

Yes, we're still technically in the race, but we're playing below .500 ball, and that's got to be close to the breaking point for this salary level.

Today 5.5 out and 5.5 out on July 31st are two completely different things, and you know it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 04:34 PM)
Today 5.5 out and 5.5 out on July 31st are two completely different things, and you know it.

5.5 out on July 31 is still in the race though.

Anyway, I guess I'll just start hoping that DV is up before July 4. I was in the crowd for his first career HR last year, might as well see him set off some more fireworks this year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 03:23 PM)

Hmmm, how long is Manny suspended for? He could sign him today and hello September addition!

It's hard to tell what question he was answering but the answer did involve the phrase "Move somebody up."

"I don’t know what we will do," Guillen said. "I will think about it on the plane to see if we will move somebody up there.

"In the meanwhile, if you start changing the lineups, people think you’re panicking or the players won’t have confidence in you. In the meanwhile, I try to put the best lineup out there every day and hopefully we will score some runs."

In the meanwhile, if you start changing the lineups, people think you’re panicking or the players won’t have confidence in you

So, if you make changes for the better and try to improve your team, you're a big f***ing moron that everyone will believe is panicking and nobody will be confident in your ability to manage.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 06:15 PM)
So, if you make changes for the better and try to improve your team, you're a big f***ing moron that everyone will believe is panicking and nobody will be confident in your ability to manage.

Sounds a lot like the Peavy to relief thread, doesn't it.

QUOTE (Real @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 05:45 PM)
guess you missed where the sox have stated to certain people they have no intention of bringing up viciedo

Saw that, but I wonder how much longer they can ignore the obvious.

Tank 2-2 tonight, HR & 2B, 2RBI. Both hits to the opposite field BTW. This guy is a genuine stud. Every day he's not with the big club now is a wasted opportunity.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 07:06 PM)
Saw that, but I wonder how much longer they can ignore the obvious.

Tank 2-2 tonight, HR & 2B, 2RBI. Every day he's not with the big club now is a wasted opportunity.

Yeah, I don't understand Ozzie's quote. He's afraid putting guys who have shown they might perform better than the guys in the line up will lose the teams' confidence in the manager? Let's just forget how much confidence they have in him now and the team's record. I thought Brent Lillibridge should open up a Chik Fil A, but he's clearly outperforming Rios and Pierre. Viciedo has done nothing but hit for over a month. The only reason Pierre and Rios are playing is the amount of money they are being paid. Play the guys that give you the best chance to win Ozzie. The team will have confidence in you if that is done.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 07:26 PM)
Sox shut out. Wet the bed against the Twins again. Pierre 0/4. Tank time !

Its been Tank time for about a month. I understand being patient and believing veterans will come back to their norms, but the Pierre and Rios experience has gone on long enough. Pierre can't do anything. Rios may even be worse. In his last 500 AB he has hit .233 with 10 homers and is 14-23 stealing bases. Look at Brian Anderson in 2008. He was a little better and not nearly good enough, and also made about $11.5 million less per year. Bring up Viciedo and play Lillibridge. Tell Pierre and Rios to stand by because if those guys start sucking like the two of them have for far too long, they will get another shot.