Bachelor Parties

Chi Town Sox

My buddy is getting married soon and I am Mr Know it All of downtown dining, bars and clubs but am trying to find the best spot for around 40 guys to go out one night. This is a pretty large group and we want to find a good spot to have a party. Anyone have any good experiences going downtown with a group this large? Can't say I ever have other than a baseball game or something but obviously this is different. Thanks!

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 08:57 AM)
Generally, how old is this group of guys? Might make a difference in the types of places recommended.

Sorry, should've said that, we are 25. His brother and his friends are around 30, lots of uncles and dad's friends going too. So, all over the board really. The older guys are all cool so they will be up for anything that involves partying

Edited by Chi Town Sox

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 08:48 AM)
My buddy is getting married soon and I am Mr Know it All of downtown dining, bars and clubs but am trying to find the best spot for around 40 guys to go out one night. This is a pretty large group and we want to find a good spot to have a party. Anyone have any good experiences going downtown with a group this large? Can't say I ever have other than a baseball game or something but obviously this is different. Thanks!

Start with a Patio Party at a Sox game. For my bachelor party, starting with the Sox game was great, then the insanity began.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 11:57 AM)
Start with a Patio Party at a Sox game. For my bachelor party, starting with the Sox game was great, then the insanity began.

I recently did the patio party in a group of 20, it really is a blast. Just make sure your beer is always full because they dont give a warning when they are going to close the taps, and they start limiting each beer order to 1 with 30 mins left. I pretty much had a hotdog and like 8 beers in about 1.5 hrs, great night and great game.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 12:28 PM)
I recently did the patio party in a group of 20, it really is a blast. Just make sure your beer is always full because they dont give a warning when they are going to close the taps, and they start limiting each beer order to 1 with 30 mins left. I pretty much had a hotdog and like 8 beers in about 1.5 hrs, great night and great game.

I would do that and then if the weather is going to be nice, try to rent out a patio at a bar up north like Cody's or even something more on the main drag. I say Cody's because they have outdoor darts and bags.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 12:37 PM)
And if not the Sox game for starters, golf is usually a pretty decent starter....

Seems doubtful that even half of those forty have picked up a golf club outside of miniature golf.

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 11:49 AM)
Thanks - The groom is a Cubs fan so that is out of the equation, we are already going paintballing, strippers on party bus, etc. Just looking moreso for bars that anyone has had experience with a group of about 40 at!

Dick's last resort is sort of a fun dinner spot for big groups....s***, by the point you guys actually get to the bar, you're going to be so liquored up that you won't give a s*** where you are...just make sure you are either in Wrigleyville or Lincoln Park so there are lots of bars grouped together...

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 12:49 PM)
Thanks - The groom is a Cubs fan so that is out of the equation, we are already going paintballing, strippers on party bus, etc. Just looking moreso for bars that anyone has had experience with a group of about 40 at!

What area, and what type of bar?

If you could narrow down to the general area you will be we could probably throw some suggestions out for you.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 12:35 PM)
I would do that and then if the weather is going to be nice, try to rent out a patio at a bar up north like Cody's or even something more on the main drag. I say Cody's because they have outdoor darts and bags.

This this this this.

And see? That's why I can't just ignore ALL your posts. :notworthy

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 01:00 PM)
What area, and what type of bar?

If you could narrow down to the general area you will be we could probably throw some suggestions out for you.

Area isn't a big deal, like I said earlier I know pretty much every bar, club and restaurant in the city. Just looking for anyone that has experience with certain bars with a group of people that large to accommodate with drink package, service, etc. I was thinking Bull & Bear (renting out 2 of the table taps so that more ppl can fit) and thought that might be cool for a large group in their back area. I guess if it were to come down to area, up north would be great with all of the different bars but I don't think we are going to have 40 people bar hopping :lolhitting

A bar open until 5 am would also be ideal!

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 12:35 PM)

That is definitely a nice one, thanks!

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 01:57 PM)
Area isn't a big deal, like I said earlier I know pretty much every bar, club and restaurant in the city. Just looking for anyone that has experience with certain bars with a group of people that large to accommodate with drink package, service, etc. I was thinking Bull & Bear (renting out 2 of the table taps so that more ppl can fit) and thought that might be cool for a large group in their back area.

Bull & Bear actually gets really crowded really quickly. It's more narrow than it looks.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 01:59 PM)
Bull & Bear actually gets really crowded really quickly. It's more narrow than it looks.

Public House has the same tap deal and there is a back area that can accomodate 40 people. Can you pre pay and get any booze or beer on tap that you want and drink till its all gone.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 02:00 PM)
Public House has the same tap deal and there is a back area that can accomodate 40 people. Can you pre pay and get any booze or beer on tap that you want and drink till its all gone.

Yes! I actually already e-mailed them about their table tap area and am waiting to hear back

Last time I was at Bull & Bear Antoine Walker was there and it was slightly more crowded than I enjoy.

A bar close by would be English which has 3 floors and therefore you can somewhat camp out on one of the floors.

Are you mainly looking at River North (I ask because I only suggested English as its a block from Bull & Bear).

(edit)

And absolutely do not go to VIPs. Just get super drunk and go to the Admiral, drinking in a strip club does not offset pasties.

Edited by Soxbadger