The Juan Pierre Debacle

JohnCangelosi

Juan Pierre  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you blame more for Juan Pierre still being on this ballclub?

• Ozzie
    • Kenny

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 09:50 AM)
Who do you blame more for Juan Pierre STILL being on this ballclub in mid June? And why?

I say Kenny, as he MUST know that JP sucks, but is unwilling to rock the boat with Ozzie and create another rift which will be in the media by DFA'ing his darling Juan Pierre. We all know Ozzie should never make personnel decisions as he's proved how smart he is with Kotsay > Thome, Owens > Quentin, Juan > Viciedo. Etc etc...

Maybe it's all our fault, as in the posters on this board. Maybe Ozzie and KW read this board, and they say for every Juan Pierre thread that pops up he plays that many more games. If that's the case, we're stuck with him for a few more years.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 04:59 PM)
Wonderful, another Juan Pierre thread. The issue just hasn't been talked about enough recently. Thankfully it's being brought to everyone's attention again.

In my opinion this issue can not be talked about too much. It's nice to imagine that the people in charge of the club that you root for know what they are doing. Eagerly acquiring a barely replacement level player because he happens to fit a certain profile, and then playing him every day no matter how he performs makes me feel very strongly that 2005 was a fluke and that Kenny & Ozzie are basically replacement level themselves.

Edited by Carlo Paz

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

QUOTE (Carlo Paz @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 05:10 PM)
In my opinion this issue can not be talked about too much. It's nice to imagine that the people in charge of the club that you root for know what they are doing. Eagerly acquiring a barely replacement level player because he happens to fit a certain profile, and then playing him every day no matter how he performs makes me feel very strongly that 2005 was a fluke and that Kenny & Ozzie are basically replacement level themselves.
Edited by fathom

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 11:45 AM)
Where is Option C: I blame neither because Juan Pierre deserves a spot on the roster? Some people think that, can they get a voting option as well?

That was meant to be green right? I don't think anyone believes he deserves a roster spot on this board.

And regarding the guys b****ing about another Pierre thread, take your skirts off and deal with it. This is another angle that needs to be discussed as now it appears, if any of you were paying attention, that KW is now putting the whole debacle of Juan Pierre on Ozzie indirectly but publicly. Did you miss that? This is the kind of thing that could brew into a HUGE sh*t storm and it hasn't even been slightly talked about here. With the exception of Fathom's post, no one saw it, out of all of the posts regarding the recent Viciedo article that is now 10 pages long.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 12:16 PM)
That was meant to be green right? I don't think anyone believes he deserves a roster spot on this board.

And regarding the guys b****ing about another Pierre thread, take your skirts off and deal with it. This is another angle that needs to be discussed as now it appears, if any of you were paying attention, that KW is now putting the whole debacle of Juan Pierre on Ozzie indirectly but publicly. Did you miss that? This is the kind of thing that could brew into a HUGE sh*t storm and it hasn't even been slightly talked about here. With the exception of Fathom's post, no one saw it, out of all of the posts regarding the recent Viciedo article that is now 10 pages long.

A roster spot? I have no problem with that. There is a market for 4th OFs with some speed. I just wish we had another guy who could hit leadoff to get him out of the line up.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 05:20 PM)
A roster spot? I have no problem with that. There is a market for 4th OFs with some speed. I just wish we had another guy who could hit leadoff to get him out of the line up.

He doesn't profile as a good 4th outfielder. He is bad defensively, can only play one outfield position, and let's face it, his inability to steal bases efficiently now has negated his speed. Meanwhile, Lillibridge is the perfect 4th outfielder.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 12:20 PM)

Maybe we should do another poll on whether or not Juan Pierre would clear waivers? :headbang

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 12:25 PM)
He doesn't profile as a good 4th outfielder. He is bad defensively, can only play one outfield position, and let's face it, his inability to steal bases efficiently now has negated his speed. Meanwhile, Lillibridge is the perfect 4th outfielder.

And yet Milledge has a massive fan club two months ago.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 06:28 PM)
And yet Milledge has a massive fan club two months ago.

Cause people didn't know that he was bad defensively. He also was supposed to be a lefty masher, which is something we've lacked lately from our outfielders.