Floyd @ twinkies 6/15 7:10pm CST

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 08:01 PM)
I'll never understand why we didn't try to upgrade our catching position by going after Olivo.

There had to be some "internal" issues between the front office, Ozzie and Olivo....supposedly, there were some things going on there behind the scenes that we never heard about.

My perception was that they were very unhappy with his gamecalling and just didn't trust him to work by himself "out on an island" with the pitching staff.

It would have made sense. But I have a feeling either KW or Ozzie (probably) or both were against bringing him back.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 10:07 PM)
There had to be some "internal" issues between the front office, Ozzie and Olivo....supposedly, there were some things going on there behind the scenes that we never heard about.

My perception was that they were very unhappy with his gamecalling and just didn't trust him to work by himself "out on an island" with the pitching staff.

It would have made sense. But I have a feeling either KW or Ozzie (probably) or both were against bringing him back.

More specifically the pitchers didn't want to have him behind the plate.

The twins from the time they draft a person have a common language, and common development plan across their entire organization. They teach kids how to play the game right. Run hard, make contact, and play good defense. They might not be the best talented organization in the majors, but they get the most out of what they have.

We perform no valuable instruction anywhere in our minor leagues outside of pitchers. You can strike out at a 35% clip and play little to not defense and get promoted. Huge holes in your swing and no defense, dont worry the next level will help you out. Then they get to the majors and we watch them with terrible mechanics and an inability to play sound fundamental baseball.

That in a nutshell is the difference in the two teams. All in Kenny is going to get anxious soon and pull the trigger on a deal if this gets goofy. He cant piss the season away for prospects. He has to go all in. So I would say that there is a better chance that Viciedo gets spun for a reliever of some sort than Pierre gets released and Viciedo is in LF.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 03:09 AM)
Well, if the Indians hold on to beat DET, we're still only 4 1/2 games back.

Great play by Beckham, there.

I'm not sure which team is more dangerous though....Minnesota or the Tigers?

Tigers, no doubt about it

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 08:10 PM)
Tigers, no doubt about it

Unless Mauer or Morneau are ever close to 100% this season....but the Tigers have so many more holes (when you get past the top of their rotation) compared to some of their better teams of the past decade.

It wouldnt be as frustrating if the Twins were ever a good team past October 3rd.

If they were making it to the Series every few years...hell, the ALCS I wouldn't mind, but this s*** team

Well that should prove to the people who have the belief that Juan is on his way out of here. Ozzie lets him lead off the 9th. Then he gets lucky as the first baseman has it bounce off his glove. It would of been an out to the 2nd baseman if he let it go through. That is enough of a stretch for Ozzie to continue his madness of having him get the most ABs.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 08:09 PM)
The twins from the time they draft a person have a common language, and common development plan across their entire organization. They teach kids how to play the game right. Run hard, make contact, and play good defense. They might not be the best talented organization in the majors, but they get the most out of what they have.

We perform no valuable instruction anywhere in our minor leagues outside of pitchers. You can strike out at a 35% clip and play little to not defense and get promoted. Huge holes in your swing and no defense, dont worry the next level will help you out. Then they get to the majors and we watch them with terrible mechanics and an inability to play sound fundamental baseball.

That in a nutshell is the difference in the two teams. All in Kenny is going to get anxious soon and pull the trigger on a deal if this gets goofy. He cant piss the season away for prospects. He has to go all in. So I would say that there is a better chance that Viciedo gets spun for a reliever of some sort than Pierre gets released and Viciedo is in LF.

The irony is the one impact bat the White Sox have developed in half a decade and we won't even play him.

But we spent plenty of time with Borchard, Fields, Anderson, Getz, Andy Gonzalez, Owens, etc., getting more at-bats when Dayan actually showed the ability to hit from the moment he was recalled.