Floyd @ twinkies 6/15 7:10pm CST

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What else is new?

What I don't understand is why Floyd was still in the game at that point with our bullpen so well-rested?

Makes absolutely zero sense.

It's almost like the Twins WANTED to tease us into getting our hopes up....only to shut the door. You just know that we'd have blown the save or we'd have left the tying/winning runs at 2nd and 3rd and Minny would have gone on to smoke us in the following game, had Santos been out there with a 4-1 lead.

Baseball is always a game of momemtum....coupled with our miseries against Minnesota, you have to feel Daniel Hudson will no hit us now to add insult to injury.

Edited by caulfield12

again, dont be fooled by how this team plays against the red sox, yankees, national league, doesnt matter. we are the b****es of the AL central

The Sox play like absolute s*** against this team, and whenever they have ANY sort of chance, the Twins get astronomically lucky.

It's f***ing mindblowing.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 02:15 AM)
Jeez, have a clue Quentin. Stone was quite annoyed there.

Stone also sounded annoyed at AJ's stellar defensive play(s). Kidding of course. Don't know how to make it green.

But Stoney sounded flustered at AJ's s***tiness.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 02:18 AM)
What else is new?

What I don't understand is why Floyd was still in the game at that point with our bullpen so well-rested?

Makes absolutely zero sense.

I think there is some truth to the allegations Ozzeroo sort of gives up in certain games (vs. Minnie and when we are in the midst of losing streaks like in April/May). I think he just kind of leaves the s*** out there to see what will happen. Cause remember, this team doesn't erase deficits. When we're down, we are out (almost always).

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 09:19 PM)
Read my next post. True, but the Twins get a LOT of lucky breaks, too.

Yes their lucky break is a team that is so f***ing stupid that we keep looking for the mythical center cut fastball to drive. They keep feeding us breaking pitches and change ups.

be honest none of you thought we had a prayer in this series right? the fact that MIN has the f***ing rochester red wings taking the field makes no difference

only way we had any shot in this series would have been if Peavy and Humber were the starters (imo, the two guys in our rotation who i trust to get a win, too bad Peavy is in Charlotte...)

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 02:21 AM)
I want to get mad, but I think it's good that I don't care that much anymore. Prevents stress.

Someone on here said it best after the Santos loss last week. Until they get to .500, there's no reason to even be disappointed in losses. Sure you can get mad, but we're not talking about a contending team right now.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 02:21 AM)
I want to get mad, but I think it's good that I don't care that much anymore. Prevents stress.

Same here. I hope I revert back to my old self at some point, but for now, rattled by our April/May stinkbomb, I just simply expect us to lose every night, certainly against the Twins.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 08:21 PM)
My gosh, the Santos loss to the A's might be the most shocking loss I can remember.

The Dodgers one sucked too....because that was his first run given up, I think, all season long. And it was a solo line drive screamer right down the LF line, didn't even give you a chance to get stressed with walks, hit batters, wild pitches, dinks/dunks.

The A's losses sucked (although they always seem to have our number)....definitely the Tampa Bay blown game when they were 0 for the season.

Edited by caulfield12