Floyd @ twinkies 6/15 7:10pm CST

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Real @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 02:23 AM)
be honest none of you thought we had a prayer in this series right? the fact that MIN has the f***ing rochester red wings taking the field makes no difference

only way we had any shot in this series would have been if Peavy and Humber were the starters (imo, the two guys in our rotation who i trust to get a win, too bad Peavy is in Charlotte...)

I thought we'd win both games to be honest. This Twins lineup is pathetic, and I thought Dunn would crush Pavano tonight.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 09:23 PM)
Someone on here said it best after the Santos loss last week. Until they get to .500, there's no reason to even be disappointed in losses. Sure you can get mad, but we're not talking about a contending team right now.

Teams cannot win their divison when they cant beat teams in their division.

QUOTE (Real @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 02:23 AM)
be honest none of you thought we had a prayer in this series right? the fact that MIN has the f***ing rochester red wings taking the field makes no difference

only way we had any shot in this series would have been if Peavy and Humber were the starters (imo, the two guys in our rotation who i trust to get a win, too bad Peavy is in Charlotte...)

As much as I hate Peavy's brittleness physically, I sort of agree. I think he'd welcome grabbing the ball and facing the Twinks despite the fact they own the Sox.

Except ... It'd be 0-0 after nine with Jake and we'd lose in 10.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 03:25 AM)
As much as I hate Peavy's brittleness physically, I sort of agree. I think he'd welcome grabbing the ball and facing the Twinks despite the fact they own the Sox.

Except ... It'd be 0-0 after nine with Jake and we'd lose in 10.

Oh my god, this makes me want to throw a computer. I wonder how the Peavy Praisers would react knowing he has a Javy-esque reputation for pitching in big games.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 02:24 AM)
I thought we'd win both games to be honest. This Twins lineup is pathetic, and I thought Dunn would crush Pavano tonight.

Seriously? After Minnie took 4 against KC in KC, I knew they weren't horrible enough to lose to us.

We can't beat Minnesota. Case closed.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 09:25 PM)
Oh my god, this makes me want to throw a computer. I wonder how the Peavy Praisers would react knowing he has a Javy-esque reputation for pitching in big games.

Uh what? Like that CG 1hitter this year against the team that was in first place? He was dominating the tigers before he got hurt in his last start too

No f***ing way I compare him to Javy Vazquez

QUOTE (Real @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 09:31 PM)
Uh what? Like that CG 1hitter this year against the team that was in first place? He was dominating the tigers before he got hurt in his last start too

Neither would I. Javy at least took the ball every 5th day.

QUOTE (Real @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 03:31 AM)

Wait, games in May are considered big games?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 09:33 PM)

is that really where you're going? come on dude, you're a better poster than that....

when you're not in first place, and you're playing against the team who is nearly double digits ahead of you in the loss column in May, and you show up the way Peavy did, kudos to him...

i have yet to see Peavy 'choke' as a Sox starter. I know he's been hurt, but it isn't his fault and some of the vitriol spewed around in his direction on this forum just pisses me off

dude wants to pitch, he wants to compete, he wants to help this team, and when he's had the opportunity he has helped us

flame away, i just hope i'm not the only person on this forum that feels this way because it would be pretty f***ing sad if that's the case

QUOTE (Real @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 02:38 AM)
is that really where you're going? come on dude, you're a better poster than that....

when you're not in first place, and you're playing against the team who is nearly double digits ahead of you in the loss column in May, and you show up the way Peavy did, kudos to him...

i have yet to see Peavy 'choke' as a Sox starter. I know he's been hurt, but it isn't his fault and some of the vitriol spewed around in his direction on this forum just pisses me off

dude wants to pitch, he wants to compete, he wants to help this team, and when he's had the opportunity he has helped us

flame away, i just hope i'm not the only person on this forum that feels this way because it would be pretty f***ing sad if that's the case

Well, fair enough, I was referring to postseason games.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 09:33 PM)

Peavy playoff start in '05: 4.1 IP, 8 H, 8 ER, 2 HR, 3 BB, 16.62 ERA, 2.53 WHIP

Peavy playoff start in '06: 5.1 IP, 11 H, 5 ER, 1 HR, 1 BB, 8.44 ERA, 2.25 WHIP

Peavy game #163 vs the Rockies in '07: 6.1 IP, 10 H, 6 ER, 2 HR, 4 BB, 12.54 ERA, 2.27 WHIP

But he battles. He inspires. He makes you believe you can be anything you want to be. Be like Mike? That's poppycock. I wanna be like Jake. If I can be like Jake.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 09:47 PM)
The funny thing is that people probably think I hate Peavy. He's definitely not someone I dislike, and really hope he can be a big factor for the Sox the next year and a half.

Never had a problem with Jake. I know the guy's not getting hurt on purpose. Soxtalk is making me hate him.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 09:47 PM)
The funny thing is that people probably think I hate Peavy. He's definitely not someone I dislike, and really hope he can be a big factor for the Sox the next year and a half.

Well you guys say I am one of the top three homers around here, and if I'm down on the guy, then his best days probably are well, well behind him...

Rongey just stated that the reason that Pavano does well against the sox is that they dont matchup well with this pitch he throws. It sinks and is slower, and thats what CQ had problems with tonight.

ITS CALLED A CHANGEUP.