Sox versus Twins 12:10 pm Afternoon Delight

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Time for KW or JR to literally make an "all-in" move. This means: Fire Ozzie; DFA Pierre; Waive Rios; Fire Walker.....some combination of 1 or all of those things. Create an "OH SH*T" environment in the organization. Time to make guys feel uncomfortable. This is it! The Sox are statistically in a position to still win the division, but this team as-is probably has a 15% chance or less.

Shake things up, ride it out, and see what happens. Put your money where your mouth is, and make a true ALL-IN move. That's my opinion.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 01:30 PM)
FIRE OZZIE!!

And Greg Walker too while we're at it. (cue the defenders of blind loyalty)

Beckham used to be able to hit center-cut fastballs in the low 90's. Wha' happened???

It will be a very quiet board tomorrow night if Jackson whips Hudson.

Otherwise, the servers are going to crash on KW's head. Although with the late night start, maybe it will be SOMEWHAT quiet, especially heading West as usual with our tail between our legs after the predictable Twins victory.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 02:33 PM)
Ok here comes Interleague ... we will be in 1st place after interleague finsihes.

And the Sox will be back in 3rd place in September when we play divisional opponents 4 times a week ;)

7-28 last 35 vs. Minnesota

6-11 vs. AL Central foes this year

38-51 vs. AL Central foes since Opening Day 2010

Only three runs in four games vs. last-place Minnesota this year

Seventh time shut out this season

33-37 overall record

Serious threat to AL Central ............NOT!

QUOTE (Hollywood_AU @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 01:33 PM)
Time for KW or JR to literally make an "all-in" move. This means: Fire Ozzie; DFA Pierre; Waive Rios; Fire Walker.....some combination of 1 or all of those things. Create an "OH SH*T" environment in the organization. Time to make guys feel uncomfortable. This is it! The Sox are statistically in a position to still win the division, but this team as-is probably has a 15% chance or less.

Shake things up, ride it out, and see what happens. Put your money where your mouth is, and make a true ALL-IN move. That's my opinion.

Totally agree with the bolded.

When Ozzie said a month or so ago something along the lines of "If you fire Greg Walker, you might as well fire me", the way he said it revealed a much-too-high comfort level. He KNOWS he still has carte blanche with the old man from '05.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

I swear I've lost confidence that Gordon Beckham will ever become a good MLB player. Can't Walker see that he's loading late and fouling off every pitch to the right? He was so much better before having Walk get into his head. We need a new manager and batting coach NOW Jerry. Are you really "ALL IN"? Then FIRE OZZIE and FIRE WALKER.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 02:21 PM)
7-28 in their last 35 games against the Twins. Say whatever you will about me. This organization needs a clean sweep of the organizational trash from top to bottom.

I say that you're right...but I'm bashed as a hater...my loyalty does not have to be blind to make me any less passionate about the team I love.

I love the Sox...but not always those entrusted with their success

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 02:42 PM)
I swear I've lost confidence that Gordon Beckham will ever become a good MLB player. Can't Walker see that he's loading late and fouling off every pitch to the right? He was so much better before having Walk get into his head. We need a new manager and batting coach NOW Jerry. Are you really "ALL IN"? Then FIRE OZZIE and FIRE WALKER.

Farmer said during the game today that he had talked to Walker, and Walker said he is trying to break Gordo of exactly that hitch in his swing.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 03:44 PM)
Farmer said during the game today that he had talked to Walker, and Walker said he is trying to break Gordo of exactly that hitch in his swing.

I almost feel like he should be working on that down in Charlotte for a little while.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 03:44 PM)

2k5 is correct, this was stated today.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 02:34 PM)
Next person to suggest Rios will get released should be banned.

Wasted money is wasted money. It's wasted whether it's on the field wasting 4 ABs a game, sitting on the bench, or outright released. When you make a bad business deal, even a huge one, there's always a time to consider where your stop-gap is.

1-0 loss?

What a joke this team is against the Central.

Break.It.Up. Now.

At least fire Ozzie and Kenny. This team is not a division title contender.

s*** we might lose all 19 to Minnie this year. It's that bad right now.

And oh yes.

Adam Dunn, you f***ing suck. Oh, he got a hit and a walk, he's coming around.

Rios you suck.

Gordon, get your head out of your ass.

Pierre you suck.

Nick Blackburn is just such a good pitcher.