Hudson looking forward to Friday

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 05:48 PM)
Na, those three games (one of which was good) were plenty to write off his entire career.

Hudson must have said something derogatory about Oney or hung out with McCarthy a few years ago.

I think it's pretty clear that since he was drafted in the 5th round, he wasn't a fighter/bulldog/grinder and thus he had everything handed to him on his life.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 10:09 AM)
Sorry, I won't be around. And if you think I'm the one who will blow up about Hudson vs Jackson, then you've mistaken me for a few other people. As much as I hate that trade, there's others on here that are significantly more upset about it.

In general I am a very positive person, but I absolutely hated that trade. I still hate it. If I were around, I'd post ridiculously negative posts. It was just a stupid, stupid move. Jackson pitched very well here at the end of that season, but he wasn't pitching well at the time. And overall, I just don't think he is as good of a pitcher as Hudson. He has a better arm, that's all.

I wish I could be a fly on the wall when Kenny negotiates a bad trade like this. Hudson for Jackson is bad enough. How was he convinced to throw in Holmberg, too? Given the big difference in salary between the two principles, I would think that we should be getting one of their prospects.

It's really amazing when you think about all the bad big money moves that Williams has made over the last few years Peavy, Dunn, Rios, Jackson. You could throw Manny and Teahen in there for smaller amounts of cash. Sooner or later throwing away prospects was going to bite him in the ass. Usually it hasn't but those moves combined with losing Hudson and Gio have been disasters.