Sox at Minnesota

Special K

I know it's nothing new, but after last night's loss I figured I'd take a look at just how bad the Sox have been at Minnesota since 2007 (which is a completely arbitrary year) , and the numbers a'int pretty

W – IIII

L – IIIII

W - I

L – IIIIIII

(rain out 1 game, I hate guessing, but I think we may have lost this one too)

W - II

L – IIIIIII

W – III

L – IIIIII

W –

L – 1

(2011 does not look good)

Total: 10 - 26 (.27%)

This has nothing to do with the ball park. The Twins simply own us at home, and always will. I guarantee there's not a team in baseball with a worse record at another team's park than the Sox at Minnesota in the past couple of years. I'd venture to guess the O's have a better record at Yankee stadium in this timeframe. Bottom line, this is pathetic. Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible to fix.

QUOTE (Special K @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 09:34 AM)
This has nothing to do with the ball park. The Twins simply own us at home, and always will. I guarantee there's not a team in baseball with a worse record at another team's park than the Sox at Minnesota in the past couple of years. I'd venture to guess the O's have a better record at Yankee stadium in this timeframe. Bottom line, this is pathetic. Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible to fix.

Since 2007, the Twins are 3-14 at Yankee Stadium and that does not include their 0-3 record there in the postseason.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 09:57 AM)
Since 2007, the Pirates are 2-34 (.056) at Miller Park

I understand that you are trying to research and prove me wrong, but what I said is not to be taken as fact. I was trying to make a point about how frustrating it is that the Sox are that bad at Minnesota. The Pirates are the worst team in baseball over the past decade, the Sox shouldn't even be in the same discussion as them. They need to figure it out, b/c no team will ever win a division playing that poorly against a division rival on the road.

QUOTE (Special K @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 10:02 AM)
I understand that you are trying to research and prove me wrong, but what I said is not to be taken as fact. I was trying to make a point about how frustrating it is that the Sox are that bad at Minnesota. The Pirates are the worst team in baseball over the past decade, the Sox shouldn't even be in the same discussion as them. They need to figure it out, b/c no team will ever win a division playing that poorly against a division rival on the road.

Well you guaranteed that no team had a worse road record vs a division rival, so it sounded like a fact to me.

But I do understand your point, the Sox suck against Minnesota, it's brought up every time they play and it will keep on being mentioned until they finally start beating them, hopefully.

So essentially, the parameters should be any team with a .500 record or above the last 2-3 years (or longer) having a string where they're only winning 20% (or less) of the games between two teams (7-27).

I'm sure there are some examples....but not very many....where you could name teams with payrolls of over $100 million (besides the Mets or Cubs) playing so poorly against a division opponent.

It's not the only record on the road. It's the failure in the 2nd half of seasons so frequently.

2002 6-9 after All-Star Break

2003 2-5 after All-Star Break

2004 2-7 after All-Star Break

2005 7-6 after All-Star Break

2006 2-7 after All-Star Break

2007 4-2 after All-Star Break (that was a weird anomaly of a season for both teams)

2008 2-6 after All-Star Break (including Game 163)

2009 1-8 after All-Star Break

2010 3-10 after All-Star Break

So that's a 29-60 record over a period of nearly a decade. Home and away.

Winning only 32.5% of the most important games against our biggest division rival.

4-18 (18%) over the last two seasons.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 10:36 AM)
So essentially, the parameters should be any team with a .500 record or above the last 2-3 years (or longer) having a string where they're only winning 20% (or less) of the games between two teams (7-27).

I'm sure there are some examples....but not very many....where you could name teams with payrolls of over $100 million (besides the Mets or Cubs) playing so poorly against a division opponent.

It's not the only record on the road. It's the failure in the 2nd half of seasons so frequently.

2002 6-9 after All-Star Break

2003 2-5 after All-Star Break

2004 2-7 after All-Star Break

2005 7-6 after All-Star Break

2006 2-7 after All-Star Break

2007 4-2 after All-Star Break (that was a weird anomaly of a season for both teams)

2008 2-6 after All-Star Break (including Game 163)

2009 1-8 after All-Star Break

2010 3-10 after All-Star Break

So that's a 29-60 record over a period of nearly a decade. Home and away.

Winning only 32.5% of the most important games against our biggest division rival.

4-18 (18%) over the last two seasons.

And yet Kenny and Ozzie are somehow still employed.